Remote access is a common way for people and businesses to improve their work and daily functions. Remote access allows you to stay in touch with your family and work obligations, regardless of whether you are providing IT services in-house or working remotely on the device of a loved one.
Remote access can be difficult for some people. We are here to help. We will show you how to allow remote access in Windows 8 via Remote Desktop Connection or ITarian Remote Access.
What is Remote Access?
ITarian defines remote access as “technology that allows users access a device, or a network, from an offsite place.” Remote access allows users to connect to systems that they aren’t physically able to. Remote access allows him to use the device like he’s sitting right in front of it. He can use the device to manage apps and fix problems, as well as perform administrative tasks.
Remote access offers a few benefits for modern businesses as well as simple device users. Imagine being able to receive a business request while on vacation. Remote access allows you to work on a business emergency while still enjoying your vacation. This allows you to keep your business operations running smoothly and opens up new business opportunities.
The central IT department can easily manage and control all devices connected to the corporate network. This allows them to manage and evaluate technical issues more efficiently and effectively.
Remote Desktop Connection
Remote Desktop Connection, or RDC, is one way to enable remote access in Windows 8. Remote Desktop Connection or RDC is a Windows feature that allows users to connect to another computer via the same network. Follow these steps to enable RDC (as cited by TekRevue).
- Enable Remote access in Windows 8 Step 1: Open the Windows 8 Control Panel. You can search it either from your Start window or through your Taskbar.
- Allow Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 2 Click System Security
- Allow Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 3: Choose Allow Remote Access.
- Enable Remote access in Windows 8 Step 4: Select Allow remote connections for this computer from the Remote Tab.
- Enable Remote access in Windows 8 Step 5 Click Apply for changes.
- Enable remote access in Windows 8 Step 6: Now you can access a remote computer anywhere and anytime. It is important to remember that connections outside your network may require additional configurations.
Remote Desktop Connection users will need to frequently change the power options on their remote computers. Remote Desktop Connection will not work if the remote computer is asleep. But, you should know that the remote computer can be turned on by using a power management feature. This allows it to remain powered up even when no one is running it.
ITarian Remote Access
Windows Remote desktop has its own set of disadvantages. You may have difficulty setting up Remote Desktop Centers outside of your office or on a different network. To make it work, you will need to know the IP address of your server and the login credentials that remote computers require. This can sometimes be frustrating, especially for those who are not tech-savvy. Many remote access options allow you to access your computer from wherever you may be. ITarian Remote Access is one of these solutions.
ITarian Remote Access provides remote access to applications and devices from users all over the world. ITarian Remote Access’s goal is to remove the requirement for physical presence to perform a wide range of tasks using remote computers. This software allows you to remotely manage any device at any time and from anywhere.
It is easy to enable remote access with ITarian. Remote access software allows you to access remote computers from any location at any time. Follow the steps below to enable remote access with ITarian (as described in ITarian Remote Access Guide).
- Allow Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 1. Open ITarian from your local computer.
- Allow remote access in Windows 8 Step 2: The remote user can open ITarian from his or her computer.
- Allow Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 3: Your client must send you their ITarian ID number and password.
- Enable Remote access in Windows 8 Step 4: Select Start connection
- Allow Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 5 Enter the ITarian ID or password for the remote computer.
- Allow Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 6 – Click Connect
- Allow Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 7: Request that the remote computer accepts your connection request.
- Enable Remote access in Windows 8 Step 8 After connecting, the remote computer will display a notification box with the details of the connection.
- Allow Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 9. Now you can take control of the remote computer.
That’s it. Remote access is easy in Windows 8. Remote access can be a huge asset to your business.