Do you want to be able to access Windows 8 remotely? There are a few options available to you if this is the case. We’ll show you how to remotely access Windows 8 in this article.
What is Remote Access?
Remote access, also known as remote desktop, allows remote users to connect from afar to a computer. This technology eliminates the need to be physically present to accomplish a task. The user can access the remote device and manage updates from his computer as though he were there. He can then run apps, update, and troubleshoot problems from there.
Remote access has become more popular in many industries over the years. This technology is used by modern businesses to increase their productivity and efficiency. This technology allows employees to respond to business needs even when they are not working. This technology can also be used by IT professionals to provide remote support across multiple locations.
How do you set up remote access to Windows 8?
Remote access to Windows 8 is very easy, as we have already stated. You can also access Windows 8 from afar in a few ways. Below are some examples of these options.
1. Windows Remote Desktop Connection – This is the fastest way to remote access Windows 8 using Windows Remote Desktop Connection. This Microsoft feature allows users to remotely access another computer from a physical location. This feature is deactivated by default. These steps will enable Windows RDC.
- Remote Access Windows 8 Step 1 – Launch Start
- Remote Access Windows 8: Step 2: Enter remote access
- Remote Access Windows 8 Step 3 – Click Allow remote access to your computer
- Remote Access Windows 8 Step 4 – Select Allow connections from computers using any version of Remote Desktop. The System Properties window contains the Remote tab.
- Remote Access Windows 8 Step 5 – Select Users
- Remote Access Windows 8 Step 6 – Select Add.
- Remote Access Windows 8 Step 7 – Enter your Windows username to remotely access the computer.
- Remote Access Windows 8 Step 8 Click Ok.
Windows RDC can only be used on one network. To use Windows RDC on another network, you will need to expose your device to the internet. You’re inviting security risks and threats to your device that can only be found on the internet. This is not necessarily the most secure option.
2. Remote Access Software – Another remote access option we have on our list is remote access software. Remote access software, similar to Windows RDC, allows users to remotely access another computer. Remote access software can establish remote connections on any network. Remote access software is a safer alternative to Windows RDC because it uses strong encryption methods that hide any confidential interactions between remote and local computers.
Remote access software must be downloaded and installed on both local and remote computers just like other software. Remote access software will display the screen on your local desktop. Remote access software offers many benefits, including the following:
- Remote Access Windows 8 Benefit 1 – It is easier to use.
- Remote Access Windows 8 Benefit 2 – Files and apps can be accessed from a remote computer even if you are not connected to your network.
- Remote Access Windows 8 Benefit 3 – It is very simple to download and install.
- Remote Access Windows 8 Benefit 4 – You can access it virtually anywhere with an internet connection.
- Remote Access Windows 8 Benefit 5 – This remote access option is one of the most secure and safest.
Remote access software is the best and most convenient way to remotely access Windows 8. It’s designed to give you a secure and easy remote access experience. You now know how to remotely access Windows 8 and you can use it to your benefit.