A combination modem/router combo is a high-tech combination of modem and router functions. The modem connects to the internet, while the router extends it wirelessly to other devices.
You may have had each device previously, so you are familiar with the additional cables and increased electricity costs. The rental fees for equipment owned by companies can also be a hassle.
You don’t want to do this anymore, so get an Xfinity-approved router combination that will give you more value.
It is important to understand that not all modem-router combinations will work with Xfinity. Some work, but don’t provide good service.
I’ve reviewed and tested various devices to help you avoid the many rip-offs on the market today.
Before we move on to the next item, here are some things you should consider.
Consider these things when selecting an Xfinity router-modem
These are some of the things you need to consider when searching for the best router combination:
- CompatibilityTo function, the combo must be compatible with the Xfinity Internet connection. Check the label to confirm compatibility.
- Internet speedsSpeed is an important consideration. Look for combinations that offer high speeds and wireless protocols to meet your specific needs.
- The rangeTo help you choose the right combination for you, consider the space in which you live.
The top modem router combination for Xfinity in 2020
These are the top modem router combinations for Xfinity.
|ARRIS SURFboard SB8200||10000 Mbps||Yes|
|2000 Mbps||Yes||4||View Price|
|NETGEAR CM100||2000 Mbps||No||4||View Price|
|Motorola MB8600||1000 Mbps||No||1||View Price|
|NETGEAR CM400||100 Mbps||No||1||View Price|
1. ARRIS SURFboard-Approved SB8200
The ARRIS SURFboard approved SB8200 router is the best for Xfinity. This device combines a powerful modem with a mesh network-enabled routing device that offers the best internet speeds and incorporates the most recent technology.
Here’s a list of the features.
- It works with Xfinity as well as other major internet service providers.
- The modem has two gigabit Ethernet ports that allow you to link aggregate and create two distinct home networks with one modem.
- It is a DOCSIS 3.1 modem, which provides bonding for 32 downstream and 8 of the upstream channels.
- The modem offers cable internet speeds up to 1Gbps as well as download speeds up to 10Gbps.
- It can be used with any device that is connected to a MESH network.
- ARRIS SURFboard Manager is an app that allows users to manage their home networks via their smartphones.
- It is lightweight and easy to move
- It also comes with a secure firewall
- The rubber pads on its stands give it stability and support.
- When combined with a router, it can support multiple devices
- Different LED lights are used to show the strength of the internet signal.
- It can overheat if it is used for prolonged periods.
This product is a good choice if you’re looking for a modem with high quality that provides high speeds and greater value for money.
2. NETGEAR Cable Modem Router Combo C7800
This is the best modem router combo for Comcast for a wide range of reasons. It is compatible with the latest technologies and offers advanced security. It offers a variety of features and capabilities, including:
- It is certified Xfinity by Comcast, making it one of the best routers compatible with Xfinity.
- It can provide internet coverage to up to 45 devices over a 3000-square-foot area, making it the best Wi-Fi router for Xfinity.
- You can connect multiple devices, including printers, via 4 gigabit Ethernet ports or 2 USB ports.
- It is a DOCSIS 3.1 router, which provides bonding for 32 downstream and eight upstream channels.
- It offers speeds up to 3.2 Gbps, making it the best high-speed router for Xfinity.
- This device supports VPN connections that allow users to connect from anywhere.
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk App is included with the device. It allows you to manage your internet network.
- This router supports Wi-Fi 6 technology, making it the best WiFi router for Comcast customers.
- It works with all devices, including smart TVs and computers.
- Supports the most recent technologies, including WPA/WPA2 security protocols
- It also comes with QoS for managing its busy bandwith
- Installation is simple and takes less than five minutes.
- It’s expensive
- The battery backup is not sufficient to power the internet connection
The NETGEAR Cable Modem Router Combo C7800 will provide massive streaming and downloading speeds for Xfinity-compatible modems.
3. NETGEAR Cable Modem CM100
The NETGEAR Cable Modem CM100 router is a powerful router that has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports. This allows you to connect multiple devices to create 4 networks simultaneously. This router can provide speeds up to 2Gbps. Its unique features are:
- It works with Xfinity’s internet connection, making it one of the most compatible modem routers for Xfinity.
- This combo can accommodate at most 32 devices.
- The modem-router has four gigabit Ethernet ports.
- It’s a DOCSIS 3.1 modem, which allows bonding of 32 downstream channels and 8 upstream channels. Also, it has OFDM 2×2 capabilities.
- It can provide speeds up to 2Gbps
- The modem supports QoS.
- Supports IPv6.
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk App is included with the device. It allows you to monitor and control your internet network.
- It was specifically designed for Comcast
- The router-modem can be used with all other devices, including phones and computers.
- It includes unique features such as telephone ports
- Automatic firmware updates
- It doesn’t support digital subscriber phone services
- It has a very short life span
This modem is a great choice if you’re looking for a combination that works in small spaces and can make voice calls to the network.
4. Motorola approves Comcast Gigablast MB8600
This is a modem that can accommodate any Wi-Fi router to make it one of the best routers that work with Xfinity.
Here are some of the most impressive features.
- It works with many internet service providers, including Xfinity by Comcast.
- When connected to a router, supports more than 4 devices
- It also comes with a 1-gigabit Ethernet port.
- The modem supports DOCSIS 3.0 and 3.0 channel bonding, which provides 32 downstream and eight upstream channels.
- It offers a speed of 1Gbps.
- Through its top technology, the modem supports all devices.
- Secure firewalls protect your network against attacks.
- Comcast Products Xfinity: Rental fees reduced
- It features top technology such as a digital turner with full-band to save energy
- The price is very affordable
- It includes a chipset that protects the user against denial-of-service attacks
- Only one functional port
- It is slower than other modems
Motorola Approved Comcast Gigablast MB8600 is a great choice if you’re looking for the best Wi-Fi router for Comcast.
5. NETGEAR Wireless Spectrum Cablevision CM400
When connected to a router, the NETGEAR Wireless Spectrum Cablevision CM400 is the best modem/router for Xfinity.
It has the following features:
- Compatibility with a major internet service provider, including Xfinity from Comcast.
- Although it supports one device, when used with a router, it supports multiple devices.
- It includes a 1-gigabit Ethernet port and auto-sense technology.
- DOCSIS 3.0 is enabled: This allows for 8 downstream and 4 upstream channel bonding.
- It offers speeds up to 100Mbps, making it a high-quality long-range wireless modem.
- You will be equipped with WPA2, WPA2, and WPA security features.
- It has been certified by Xfinity By Comcast
- It is very easy to set-up
- It’s cheap
- Comcast offers friendly customer service
- It doesn’t support Wi-Fi
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
This product is perfect for those who need a modem that fits in a small space and can download fast.
Check Price & Availability
Is it better to have separate modems and routers?
A combo modem and router combination may seem like the best option. But is it? Let’s take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of each type of device to help you choose between them.
Advantages of separate modems and routers
- Simple replacement is simple to replace a router or modem when it breaks down.
- More features models and routers that aren’t in a combination tend to have more options and customizable settings.
- Price: A combination is more expensive than each device.
Advantages of separate modem and router
- These two devices can be bulky and take up space, making them an eye-sore in your home.
- To activate your home network, they may need several cables or power outlets.
A combination has many advantages
- SpaceThis combo is smaller and requires only one power outlet. It also has fewer cables.
- The installation processBecause it only has one machine, it is simple to set up.
- Support from customer service and additional features your ISP offers additional features and customer support.
A combination has its disadvantages
- It is difficult to replace: Due to the high cost of the combo, it may be difficult to replace it if it breaks down.
- TroubleshootingWithout ISP support, it may be difficult for you to diagnose and keep it in check.
The advantages of separating a router from a modem far outweigh any disadvantages. It is an easy decision because you can control your home network more effectively.
A combo is the best choice if you want to save space and find convenience.
There are many options for high-speed internet. This guide will help you find the best modem combo for Xfinity.
The ISP you are using will determine which products provide the best internet connectivity. You can find the perfect fit and enjoy fast, reliable internet for all your requirements.