Configure IceDragon updates
Comodo IceDragon automatically installs the latest version of your browser when it detects it. This ensures that your browser has the most recent security and features.
- Available updates are automatically downloaded and installed in the background by default
- A notification will appear asking you to restart IceDragon, and then to install the update that it has been waiting for over 24 hours.
- Click the hamburger/menu icon in the upper-right corner
- Click on ‘Options> ‘General” panel
- “IceDragon updates” – Choose “Automatically update search engine” to get automatic updates for your search engines. Enabled = default
IceDragon won’t silently install updates if automatic updates are disabled. Instead, IceDragon will notify you via the notification bar when updates become available.
Manually configure updates
- Click the hamburger/menu button in the upper-right corner and then choose ‘Options.
- Click on the IceDragon Updating’ panel under the tab ‘General’
- Install updates automatically (recommended). – Downloads, installs and updates updates automatically.
- Check for updates but let you decide if you want to install them.Informs if there is an update available and lets you choose to download it now or later
- Never check to see if there are any updates. Not recommended. Note : This setting will prevent you from receiving critical security updates that could keep you online safe. To avoid this, you should check your computer for updates regularly.
Click the hamburger button in the top-right and then click ‘Add-ons > Extensions’.
- Click on the gear icon and select ‘Check For Updates’ or “View Recent Updates”.