How To Delete Facetime Calls on Macbook? – Before We Get Into The Topic , let’s Learn Some Basic Of This Topic
How to delete FaceTime history from your Mac
FaceTime is a built-in macOS app. This means that there are very few ways to reduce the amount of disk space used by FaceTime. You can’t delete FaceTime itself. You can remove the FaceTime call log that FaceTime keeps and syncs to all your devices. We’ll show you how to do it in detail below.
How to view the most recent calls
You can use the Dock to access FaceTime if you have it installed. You’ll see a list of contacts at the top of the contextual menu. These are your most recent calls.
FaceTime is not available in the Dock. Launch it from the Applications folder or Spotlight. You’ll be able to see your recent calls on the left side of the window.
How to delete FaceTime calls from your Mac?
- Start FaceTime
- Click here to remove a recent call.
- Right-click or Control-click the area and select Remove from Recents List.
- You can delete all FaceTime history by right-clicking on any call and choosing to Remove All Recents.
- You can also click on FaceTime and select Remove All Recents.
After you have removed any recent calls from your Mac, they will be far away from all other devices that you use FaceTime on the next time it syncs. The next time you make a call, the decision will be added to a replacement list. You cannot stop FaceTime logging or displaying recent calls. If you wish to keep the decision private, you can remove it from the list once it is completed.
How to disable FaceTime on Mac?
FaceTime can’t be uninstalled from your Mac. However, you can turn it off to stop your Mac from making or receiving calls.
- Start FaceTime
- Click on the FaceTime menu to choose Preferences.
- Select Settings
- Check Enable this account
- You can use FaceTime to make outgoing calls, but you don’t want to be interrupted by other people calling you. Uncheck the boxes below ‘You are often reached FaceTime’ and enable it.
Another way to close FaceTime is to click on the FaceTime menu and select to close FaceTime. It’s not clear why this option exists in Preferences. It’s useful if you don’t want to hear from incoming calls. You can also press Command-K anytime, and it will close down. Once you turn it on again, you won’t have to log in again.