- The interface ‘Quarantine’ allows users to view emails that were intended for them, but have been moved to quarantine.
- Users can also request that whitelist senders be added to their interface – often because they believe the mail is legitimate.
- You will receive the whitelist request via email. It will also be added to the Email Management >Whitelisted Requests interface. The requests can be approved or rejected.
- Only the requester will be white-listed if a sender is added to the white list after submitting a request.
- Without antispam checks, subsequent emails sent by the sender to the user will be permitted.
- For more information, see Sender whitelist or Whitelist Senders per User.
Use the interface for whitelisted requests
- Click on ‘Email management’ to the left, then choose ‘Whitelisted Requests’.
The interface for Whitelisted Requests will be available:
This interface displays all white-list requests made by users. The columns in the list show the requesting user’s name, subject, sender, and recipients as well as the date they were sent. The last column indicates whether any attachments are included with the mail.
View details of whitelisted requests
You can view the details of whitelisting requests, such as sender, subject, recipient, date, reason, and size, in two ways.
- In the same CSEG Window
- In a brand new CSEG window
See details of whitelisted requests within the same CSEG window.
- Click the “Show Message” button and select the mail you wish to view.
- Click the email link in your subject column to see its details.
You will see the details of the email you have selected. Click the ‘All header’s tab to view the email headers. These contain tracking information about the mail that details the route it took before reaching its destination. You can verify the authenticity of the mail by looking at the headers. They include details such as sender, destination, sent date, and mail type.
You can check the details of the mail to determine if it is spam mail. You have the option to accept mail or reject it for whitelisting. If the request is approved, the sender will be added as a ‘Whitelist sender per user”. The email will be removed from the whitelist if it is rejected. Please note that email will remain on the Quarantined List regardless of what action was taken.
View whitelisted requests in a new CSEG window:
- Select the mail you wish to view from the whitelisted request area and click the “Show message in new Window” button. Or right-click to choose to open in a new tab.
A new CSEG window will display the details of the mail selected.
Users may accept the whitelist request
You can view the details and accept the request of the user to add the sender to the whitelist senders per user.
- Click the “Accept” button and select the mail you wish to add to the whitelist.
An alert will be displayed to confirm that the sender has been added to the whitelist sender for the user’.
- To confirm your acceptance, click ‘OK’
The email sender will be added to the Whitelist sender for each user. For more information, see the section “Whitelist Sender per User”.
Users should reject the whitelist request.
You can reject the request by the user after reviewing the email details.
- Click the “Reject” button on the mail you wish to reject.
An alert will be displayed to confirm a rejection.
- To confirm rejection, click ‘OK’
The sender will be removed from the whitelist, and the email selected will be removed from the whitelisted requests list.
To search whitelist requests, use filter
- To open filters, click anywhere on the “Filters” stripe.
- Select the filter you wish to search using from the first drop-down. Next, enter a condition in the 2 text boxes. You can also use the third box to enter a search string in some filters.
- Click “Apply Filter”.
The following parameters can be used to filter the results:
- Subject Enter the subject of your email in the text box (column 3) and then choose a condition from column 2.
- Type the sender’s name or address into the text box (column 3), and then choose a condition from column 2.
- To Type the recipient’s name or address into the text box (column 3), and then choose a condition from column 2.
- Search by date and time for quarantined emails Select the date (column 3) and then select a condition from column 2.
- Reason – Enter the quarantined reason (column 3) in the text box and choose a condition.
- Size (KB).: Search for quarantined emails based on their size. Enter the mail size in column 3, and then choose a condition from column 2.
To close the filters area, click anywhere on the “Filters” tab. To remove filters, click the ‘Refresh’ button.
Click to add multiple filters to the search.