Facebook is the most popular website for social networking. Millions of people use Facebook for various purposes, because famous stuff is also susceptible to bad incidents, so facebook users are met with a number of hacked stories. However, it is easier to recover Facebook accounts and can be done with a few steps. However, you must realize that your account is hacked and works quickly to recover it. Once retrieved, you should protect your Facebook account additionally and make sure it’s safe.
Below are some procedures that can help you retrieve your hacked account.
If you change your password:
The most common type of hacking takes place by changing the account password so that the original user does not have access to it. In fact, it is relatively easier to recover such an account. To do so, you must follow these steps.
If the password has changed only and you are still able to access the associated account email, you can go to the “forgotten password” option on the Facebook login page.
Facebook will take you to another page and request that you enter your username, email address or telephone number. You can choose any of the options.
Facebook will find your profile, enter the email address or mobile number in your particular profile and click on “continue.”
Your desired recovery option will receive a recovery code. Enter the code and continue clicking.
Now set your new password, and you will be ready to use your account again.
If no email access:
if you have hacked your account a little bit further and your email is not accessible, you must take the following steps to recover it.
Click on the password forgotten option.
Now, let Facebook search your profile by entering the username or email address. After Facebook has located you, click on your profile and a dialog will open to reset your password.
Click “Don’t have access to them anymore” since you don’t have access to your email address.
Longer recovery options are then provided depending on the age of the facebook account. Old facebook accounts can recover their accounts with the security question.
A “trusted contact” option can be used by new Facebook users to regain access to their account. Input the e-mail address that you have access to and click on reveal and enter the name of one of my trusted contacts. Facebook will provide a link that can only be accessed by your trusted contact. Please click on the link and get your security code. Enter the security code for your account to be recovered.
If your password and e-mail address have changed:
If your password and e-mail have been changed, the chance of retrieving your account has slightly decreased. There are two procedures you can apply to get through this type of situation. You will need to either recover your mobile number or your old email address.
All you need to do is go to the facebook page by recovering from your mobile number. Click on the password option forgotten. Then enter your account information like username or email address, click on it and the recovery options will appear once your Facebook profile appears. Click on the option for mobile numbers. Enter your mobile number and Facebook will send you a text message that contains a security code. Enter the retrieval code in the dialog box.
- You will now be able to set a new Facebook password.
- The other way is to get back with notification of email changes. When your email address has changed, Facebook will send an email to your email address and notify you of the change of email.
- If your e-mail I d has been hacked, then the option “Secure your account, if you have not done so” will appear.
- You will be provided with the option to secure your account.
- Then Facebook gives you a number of account and security recovery options. You may be asked to upload the government ID, Facebook will check and your account will be reactivated.
- Another option is to enter your birth date to retrieve your account.
- Facebook will also be fun to ask you to recognize your friends by showing their photos and asking their names.
Method-2 (Updated May 19, 2019)
If none of the methods have worked to restore your facebook account, you will find here the new methods updated. Facebook has just released a new security update, which allows you to reset your password (sometimes) only when you try to reset your password from the device that you mostly use to log into Facebook. It means that if your facebook has hacked, and you tried many different methods and didn’t just try the following method, open the device you mostly use for Facebook, such as log-in, log-outs or any other activity.
For example, your iPhone has been using it for Facebook for 2 years.
- Just try to retrieve / reset your device password.
- If Facebook recognizes your device, without verification, you can reset your password.
- In order to increase your chance, use the Facebook Wi-Fi / Network that you use mostly, as your home Wi-Fi etc, while trying to reset your Facebook password.
- This might not work, but you should try. If you can’t do it yet, just put your comments below so we can give you a few suggestions.
Method-3 (updated on 18 June 2019)
Currently, a new Facebook service called “Identity Verification” has been launched / extended. You can use this feature to confirm your identity by sending the issued government ID. Facebook will reply to you in 1-3 days after you send your ID and help you to get your account back easily. Here are the steps: go to the following: https:/en-gb.facebook.com/help/contact/183000765122339 Complete the form and include your ID issued by your government.
- Send the form and wait a few days to Facebook.
- Facebook will then send you a recovery e-mail.
- Final thoughts These are the ways that your hacked account can be recovered. Although your account has been hacked, you’ve ever wondered why it was first? You must try to secure and secure your Facebook account.
One thing you should be aware of is that you do not use the Facebook password for any other accounts you own. This helps to secure your Facebook profile if your other account is hacked.
Facebook also has the two-step verification version, to enable it, click on “Login Approval” and go to your security settings. By doing this, the security code given to your mobile number will always be requested whenever your account is logged into a new device.
In the United States, Facebook also provides a unique password that is very helpful for signing in to the public account. To get that password from your mobile number, message otp to 32665. These tips help you secure your account. Hopefully, these steps will be helpful and help you get out of this situation. Getting hacked on Facebook is like a nightmare you would like it never happened. Since your account has been hacked, all of your personal information is involved and may be used by the hacker inappropriately.
Furthermore, you can easily access Facebook from Famoid, try this link to see our special packages.
Hope you can use this content.