You can also update your Home Network. Here’s how to do it:
Make sure you’re using the new network when setting up or changing your home network via a mobile browser or computer.
Hulu can have problems that are not on the user’s side but Hulu’s. Home network problems can arise from a bug that the network is trying to solve.
Other resources such as Downdetector can be used to view a live outage or user complaints about the issues being experienced.
When Hulu stops working, you will encounter a playback error. This message will appear on nearly all streaming devices that support Hulu.
Hulu playback problems can be caused by many factors, including hardware, network, and software issues and corrupted data.
These steps will allow you to playback errors on Hulu:
- Verify that your internet connection is at the recommended speed. Standard videos can only be streamed at a minimum speed of 1.2 Mbps.3.0Mbps.
- Unplug your streaming device from the power supply to restart it.
- Restart your networking equipment, including your router.
- An Ethernet cable is better if you’re connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
- To get better signals, move your router closer to your streaming device.
- Remove other devices that are using the same network, including consoles, smartphones, and computers if you don’t have a router for multiple devices.
- Your router will be given priority when you watch Hulu on that device.
- You can delete and reinstall Hulu.
- Clear app data.
- Reload the video or refresh the page.
- Try a different browser or device to test if the Hulu connection error is fixed.
You can also follow the manufacturer’s instructions for changing your device’s domain name server settings.
Hulu’s playback errors can be many, so it is important to keep this in mind. They all come with different error codes.
Examples include error codes P-TS207, 5003, RUNUNK13, and 407. These errors can be fixed by following the steps above.
Error code runtime-2-browser, Hulu app crash
Anytime you watch a movie, TV series, or live event, the error code runtime-2 may occur. The code is usually displayed on the screen as a Hulu error message.
The error occurs most often when Hulu’s web player or app fails unexpectedly or crashes.
To fix runtime-2 on Hulu:
- You can update your Hulu app via the respective application store on your device.
- Make sure to update the software that runs on your streaming device.
- Clear the cookies and cache from a computer browser. You can also close your browser and restart it.
- Reinstall the Hulu app.
Try streaming using a different browser, or device, and see if it works.
Another option is to ensure that your computer, Smart TV, tablet, or smartphone meets the minimum system requirements.
These steps will help you fix any issues you may have with opening the Hulu website or app.
- Check that you are logged in to the correct login credentials
- Close the Hulu app, and then open it again.
- Do power cycleTurn off your router or streaming device, wait for a few seconds, and then turn them on again.
- You can improve your internet connection by connecting directly to the router, or moving your device close to it.
- Reinstall and uninstall Hulu App.
- Clear browser cache, app data/cookies, and cache.
- Update your device software.
If you experience buffering, freezing, poor quality, or skipping, the above steps may help.
To fix the problem, you can also check for system and app updates. You can test other apps and programs on your device to verify that they work.
Poor internet connectivity could be the reason you’re experiencing the same problem. For further assistance, please contact your internet service provider.
Loading errors can also be coded. P-DEV323 is an example. This issue is common on iOS devices.
These steps will help you fix it. You may need to reset your streaming hardware in extreme cases.
Error 504: Internet connection problem
Most likely, error 504 is a problem with your internet connection. You can fix the problem by improving your internet connection.
- Reboot your router, and then try again.
- Test your connection by running a speed test to see whether you have access to the internet. For a 4K video, you need at least 3Mbps. HD videos require at least 3Mbps.
Connect your streaming device directly to the router and then open the video once again. Upgrade your internet if your speed is not as good as Hulu recommends. You can also get a good router for streaming 4K content.
Error P-EDU125 – payment information error
This error may occur when you use Hulu on Apple TV. This error can be caused by a mix-up in your subscription plan. You will need to correct the problem by updating your payment information.
- Log in to your Hulu account.
- Visit theInformation about PaymentsSection.
- BelowPayment MethodClick herePayment Update.
- Choose yourPreferred payment method.
- Enter yourcredit or debit cardInformation.
- click save Your Changes.
Hulu may bill you through a third party, such as iTunes
- Start iTunes from your computer.
- ChooseAccount–View My AccountSign in
- BelowInformation about PaymentsSelectPayroll Management.
- edit your preferred method of payment
- click one.
To avoid any future problems, switch your third-party billing to Hulu. Also, you can log in and out of your account, delete your profile, or cancel your Hulu subscription and subscribe again.
Here’s a more detailed guide for fixing the P-EDU125 error on Hulu.
P-DEV302 – error accessing Hulu on Vizio TV
Vizio Smart TVs are synonymous with the P-DEV302 error. It can be fixed by:
- Vizio TV: Update the Hulu App
- Power-cycling your Vizio SmartTV can reset it.
- Factory resetting your Vizio Smart TV.
Hulu recommends restarting Hulu, or uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it. Here are more solutions for the P-DEV302 error.
P-DEV320 – Issue with Hulu servers
P-DEV320 errors are a common bug. This error usually means that there is a problem with Hulu servers.
This happens when your device cannot communicate with Hulu servers. It is also related to other errors, including P-DEV318.
Try restarting your streaming device and network equipment to see if that solves the problem. You can also try a different internet connection or device.
For more information, visit this P-DEV320 troubleshooting manual or contact streaming service support for assistance.
You can also check social media to see if Hulu has a system-wide issue. However, it is better to wait for Hulu to fix the problem.
First, identify the source of an error you see while watching a movie or TV show on Hulu. If the error has a code, it will be easier to fix.
If Hulu Live is experiencing problems, it could be that you are connecting to a network not recognized by Hulu.
It can be fixed by connecting to your home network. But for some issues that are beyond you, such as a system-wide outage, contact the technical team or wait for Hulu to fix them