How To Get Fortnite On Chromebook? – Before We Get Into The Topic , let’s Learn Some Basic Of This Topic
- Sideload: Allow developer mode, Android apps, and apps from unknown sources. Get the Epic Games launcher for Android.
- Next, download the launcher and install it on your Chromebook. This process won’t work with some Chromebooks.
- You can also install Chrome Remote Desktop to a Mac/PC or Chromebook. You can then connect to the Mac or PC and launch Fortnite remotely.
This article will explain two ways to get Fortnite on Chromebooks, even though Epic Games doesn’t support Linux and Chrome OS. We will discuss sideloading Fortnite Android apps or using Chrome Remote Desktop to remotely play the Windows or macOS versions of the game.
Sideloading Fortnite Android App on Your Chromebook
Sideloading Epic Games and Fortnite is possible on certain Chromebooks. However, this process can be quite complicated and won’t work for most Chromebooks.
Developer mode must be enabled, Android apps disabled, apps from unknown sources allowed, and Epic Games launcher downloaded using an Android phone. If your Chromebook fails to meet the requirements, Fortnite will not be installed or played.
Here’s how to sideload Fortnite from your Chromebook
- Enable developer mode on your Chromebook.
- Allow Android apps to be enabled on your Chromebook
- Navigate to Settings > Google Play Store > Manage Android preferences.
- Tap Security.
- Tap Unknown Sources
- Navigate to fortnite.com/android with an Android device. Save EpicGamesApp.apk if prompted.
- Use a USB cable to connect your Android phone and Chromebook, then transfer EpicGamesApp.apk from your Chromebook.
- Run EpicGamesApp.apk on your Chromebook.
- Click on Package Installer.
- Click or tap to Install
- Click or tap on Open.
- Click or tap to Install
Important: You will see a gray box that says “Device Not Supported” rather than a yellow button to install Fortnite.
13. You can now play Fortnite by completing the installation.
Chrome Remote Desktop – How to Play Fortnite On Chromebook
Chrome Remote Desktop can be used to play Fortnite on your Chromebook if it isn’t compatible with Android. It is an app that connects your Chromebook with a Windows or macOS desktop, and then you can play Fortnite on that computer.
This method requires a Windows or macOS computer that can play Fortnite, as well as a fast Internet connection.
Important: This method can impact Fortnite’s performance by slowing down your network speeds, your Chromebook hardware, as well as your Windows and macOS hardware. This method is effective, but your overall performance may be affected if you use Windows or macOS computers.
This is how to play Fortnite on Chromebook with Chrome Remote Desktop.
- Chrome Remote Desktop can be installed on any computer that is capable of playing Fortnite.
- Chrome Remote Desktop installed on your Chromebook
- Connect your Chromebook to your Windows or macOS computer. If prompted, enter your PIN.
- Launch Fortnite by opening the Epic Games Store
- Chrome Remote Desktop allows you to play Fortnite.
Why doesn’t Fortnite work on Chromebooks?
Epic chooses which platforms Fortnite will be released on. They have chosen to not support Chrome OS and Linux. Even though you install and run the full version of Linux, there are no official thanks for Fortnite being played on a Chromebook.
Running the Linux Fortnite app on your Chromebook will make it easy if Epic decides to support Linux. You can either sideload Fortnite Android or use Chrome Remote Desktop to connect to a computer capable of playing Fortnite.
Sideloading Fortnite Android apps on Chromebooks are not supported by Epic. This makes compatibility difficult. If you want to run Android apps you will need a 64-bit processor, 64-bit Chrome OS, and at least 4GB RAM. It will work if you meet all these requirements.