HBO Go has some of the most popular shows on television at the moment. The company created HBO Go, a service that allows you to access your subscription across a number of devices.
This means your viewers are not limited to cable. All shows can be streamed via your Smart TV, iPhone or Android device, tablets and other devices.
There are several steps you need to follow in order to activate HBO Go on Apple TV. First, you will need to have an HBO subscription.
You can skip the activation step if you already signed up.
You can also read: How to fix HBO Go that keeps freezing
How to set up an HBO Go account
- Subscriptions to pay-TV services in your area can include the HBO/ Cinemax package. After you’ve done this, you can create your HBO Now account for free.
- You can log on to HBO.com/order to create a subscription. This is the only way you can activate HBO on Apple TV.
- Open your browser and go to hbo.com/order
- The username and password you have received on your subscription can be used to log in.
- Fill in the details that appear on the prompt.
- Click here to sign up
This will create an HBO go account. It will also guarantee that HBO go can be activated on your smart television.
Steps to activate HBO Go for Apple TV
These steps will activate your HBO subscription for Apple TV.
- Get the HBO GO app for your TV. The HBO app is pre-installed on all current versions of Apple TV.
- The app is open
- Click on “Connect your provider account”
- You will be shown steps to continue the screen.
- A computer or other internet-enabled device is required. On the device’s browser go to hbogola.com/activate. A QR barcode can also be displayed on the TV screen, which you can scan with your smartphone. Before you scan the QR code, log in to HBO Go on your phone. After scanning the code, your Apple TV will be activated automatically. Continue with the URL method if you are unable to connect to HBO Go on Apple TV using the barcode.
- To activate the URL activation method, you will need to enter the code shown on your TV screen. This will activate your TV account.
- Choose a TV provider and details about your subscription provider account.
- Log in to enjoy it.
This guide should have helped you activate HBO on Apple TV and you’re now ready to watch some of the most popular shows on the platform.
Let us know if you have any questions in the comments section below.