Are you an ios user grappling with minor device cliches and wondering how to reset your ios without a password? Then you went to the right place. iPhone devices are fairly reliable, but there are occasions when they get stuck with cache and bugs. The only way to remedy this is to restart the iPhone factory. There are various forms of reset processes associated with iPhone and iPad apps, including soft reset and factory reset. In this tutorial, we’ll talk about how to reset your iPhone without a passcode to delete all your records. So, let’s just get into it.
This is the official approach used by Apple Inc. and will operate in most situations, but it has its own downsides. This method will delete all your personal data, including your texts, addresses, images, music, notes, etc.
- Backup your iPhone data from iTunes.
- Attach your iPhone with a lightening cable and open iTunes.
- Find the button “Restore iPhone” in iTunes and press it.
- When the iPhone Software Update wizard shows up, press “Prev.” A new license agreement window will open.
- Click the “Agree” button and let iTunes do the rest of it.
Alert, guy! As we discussed earlier, this approach would delete all your data from your iPhone, such as images, texts, songs, notes, etc. So make sure you have a backup before you reset the iPhone factory
How to fix your iPhone without iTunes
This approach is perfect if you do not want to download the 2.5 GB update file via iTunes. This method will only work, however, if you have an iCloud backup. You will need to allow the “Find my iPhone” setting to prevent any authentication issues after the reset process.
- Open Settings > General > Reset, then click “Erase All Contents and Settings.”
- Let the iPhone complete the reset process.
Note: It’ll take about 20 minutes to reset your iPhone, so take a sip of coffee and spray your windows.
- Between iPhone restarts, you’ll be greeted with the “Hello” screen and encouraged to go through the initial settings, including an apple I d and password setup.
- After the iCloud account is set up, you will be forwarded to the “Apps and Info” tab, select “Restore from iCloud Backup” option.
How to fix your iPad
You can reset your iPad using the same iPhone factory reset procedure that we discussed earlier, with or without iTunes. Just make sure you have an iPad backup in iTunes before you reboot the factory.
We hope you’ve gone through all the procedures, and if you know a friend who asks, “How to reset the iPhone? “Feel free to share this article with him or her. If you have any questions or problems with the above guide, please let us know in the comments below.