You can access thousands of TV series and shows from your smartphone, tablet, computer or Smart TV using the Xfinity Stream App.
Xfinity Stream is one of the most popular apps. It allows you to view content from top networks, live sporting events, and thousands more On Demand TV shows.
The application is great for viewing live TV on the move and over 200 channels. However, there are many issues.
Sometimes, the app stops showing all channels, or cloud-based DVR recording suddenly stops working or won’t play.
If Xfinity Stream stops working, you can’t access a channel or watch a live event. You also cannot stream a movie. To fix the problem, you must identify the root cause.
Some of the most frequent problems with Xfinity
There are a few reasons why you may have issues with the service:
- The app is outdated
- There is no active network on your device
- A corrupted program is yours
How to fix common problems with Xfinity
These are some other problems that can be caused by the Xfinity Stream App and how to fix them.
1. A downloaded program won’t play
Here are some things you can do if a program you downloaded is not playing or corrupted.
- You can delete the program, then download it again.
- When downloading, make sure you have an internet connection or Xfinity at-home network.
It is important that your internet connection does not get lost or changed. The file you are downloading could be corrupted once more.
2. Unable to view Xfinity from home
Here are some things you can do if you’re unable to view Xfinity from your home:
- If you have subscribed to Xfinity or X1 package that comes with cloud-based DVR, start by recording movies and TV shows in the cloud.
- Access the service via the Xfinity Stream app on your smartphone, or through the chrome browser from your computer when you leave your home Xfinity network.
- You can stream the recordings from your tablet or smartphone.
The recordings can be downloaded even if you are connected to a wireless or mobile network.
You can also use the Xfinity Stream app to schedule and manage your recordings from anywhere you are.
3. Unable to cast the Xfinity Stream app
Unfortunately, the Xfinity app cannot be cast from your phone to a television. Here’s what you can do.
- Roku is a great way to view content
- Chromecast allows you to connect a PC and your TV.
- Use an HDMI cable
Comcast, the company behind Xfinity does not support casting. You can still use the app to watch content if you have a compatible device.
4. Roku Roku Roku Xfinity Stream App is not available
There are many reasons why the Xfinity Stream App isn’t working on Roku. You may get an error if your stream is not connected to the network.
Some of these fixes include:
- Next, use your Roku remote to select OK
- Re-select the channel you want from your current lineup
- Send your resume
If you get an error message that the app isn’t working due to exceeding your streaming limit, close the streaming session on the original device.
The app may also not work on Roku.
- If you are unable to watch any content, log out and log back in to the Xfinity Stream beta Channel
- To ensure strong internet access, make sure you check your network connection
- Verify that your Roku device is connected to the internet
- Use an Ethernet cable to hardwire your Roku device
- Reset the password and username of your Roku account
It is also helpful to ensure your Roku device model supports the app.
5. Xfinity Stream app keeps freezing
It freezes every time you use the app
- Turn the device on and off.
- Close the app and re-try opening it
- Sign out, then sign back in to the app
- To get the most recent version, reinstall the application
If the app does not work on Smart TV, you can still follow these steps.
6. Xfinity Stream is not working on Fire Stick
Only the app that is compatible with your device can be used. If the app is not working on Fire Stick, it is because it is not on Xfinity’s compatibility list.
You can only use another Fire device such as Fire Phone or Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 10.
Stream Xfinity seamlessly
To determine the root cause of your Xfinity Stream not working, you can troubleshoot the problem.
If you have a corrupted file, it is possible to simply power-cycle the device or delete the program. Before you use an app, make sure it is compatible with your device.