The Xfinity X1 (X11, Xr15), remotes are for the Xfinity cable television, internet telephone, and wireless service.
There are many models available that will work with different TVs. They are generally excellent, but there have been reports that the Xfinity Xr15 Voice Remote did not work.
This problem can be applied to old and new remotes. This is especially true if you are trying to view content.
You should carefully attempt to fix your Xfinity remote. First, understand why the remote stops working.
Understanding the problem
Finding the problem is the first step to troubleshooting any device.
This is the most difficult part of the entire process. This is the best way to make sure you find the right solution.
Remote programming, dead batteries, and physical damage are all common issues. To fix the problem, identify which one you are dealing with.
Learn more: How to fix a Roku remote not working
Troubleshooting an Xfinity remote
These are the solutions.
1. Program or reset the remote correctly
You will need to complete the setup procedure to pair your new Xfinity X11 and XR15 voice-controlled remotes with your TV. Where is the setup button for the Xfinity remotes?
These are the steps you need to follow to pair your Xfinity remote.
- Make sure your remote is charged with batteries.
- You will need to change the input of your TV to the device you wish to connect to the Infinity remote.
- For approximately five seconds, hold the Info and Xfinity buttons together. Wait for the remote’s light to change from red to green.
- On your TV screen will be a code
- Enter the code from your remote.
- To verify the code, press OK (center button).
- After your remote has been paired, follow these instructions to set up remote functions such as volume, power, or input control.
These steps will reset the Xfinity Xr15 remote if it was programmed already.
- Hold the A (triangle), and D (diamond).
- Press 9-8-1 or9-9-1 when the remote’s light turns green.
- Programm the remote again with the box
Learn more: Troubleshooting the remote for your Amazon Firestick
2. 2. Reset the Xfinity Box
Your remote might not be communicating with your Xfinity box. Resetting the box can fix this problem.
Reset your Xfinity box
- For 5 seconds, hold the reset button on your remote.
- To reset the box, you can also go to Xfinity My Account via the app. You can also do a long reset in the app.
3. 3.Check for physical damage
If you take a close look at the remote, you should be able to determine if there is any damage. It will be very difficult to pair the remote if it is damaged.
Sometimes, the remote won’t work at all. This problem can be solved by purchasing a new remote.
4. Replace batteries
Sometimes your Xfinity X11 and Xr15 remotes won’t work due to dead batteries. To test if the problem persists, replace the batteries with new ones and attach them to your remote.
To resolve any problem successfully, follow the steps above. These techniques apply not only to Xfinity Xr15 or X11 remotes but also to other Xfinity Remotes.