Narration, also known as audio description, is a TV feature that gives information about key elements of a program through the reading of the captions.
This feature makes it possible for visually impaired people and those who struggle to understand the text to easily follow TV programs.
The narration feature, also known as voice guidance or text-to-speech technology, uses text-to-speech technology. Different television models that support this feature may save it differently.
It is available on the Vizio smart TV as the TalkBack function.
This article will show you how to disable narration on your Vizio Smart TV, in case it is accidentally turned on.
Why does my Vizio TV narrate?
You may have activated the TalkBack feature on your Vizio TV if you hear narration constantly.
In 2017, the Vizio Company began adding advanced accessibility tools to its televisions. This included a feature to assist people with hearing and visual impairments.
TalkBack was one of the new features. It only works with text the television can display, including menu items.
Vizio TV Narration, like all other audio description capabilities, does not work with connected devices, such as satellite boxes or cables, nor streaming applications, like Netflix.
Inadvertently turning on the TalkBack feature will result in voice guidance for all programs that support the feature. Audio description is not available on all television programs.
How to get rid of the narrator
Vizio TV offers a Talk Back feature that allows you to turn off the voice narration.
- The TV and the press have powerMENUClick on the button on your Vizio remote
- To highlight an item, use the arrow buttonsSystemOption and press theENTERClick the button to choose
- Scroll down using the arrow buttonsAccessibilityOption. PressENTERTo display all accessibility features
- Scroll down to the TalkBack section and enable it.OFF.
- Use the exit click the button to save your changes
The Vizio narrator doesn’t turn off! What should I do?
If Vizio TV Menu is not working, but the TV menu does not have an option to turn off the audio description, it could be a problem with another source or input.
Troubleshoot your set if it is connected to a satellite or cable box.
These steps can be used to reset your TV to its default setting if the problem is with the TV.
- Select System by pressing the menu button on the Vizio remote.
- Highlight theReset & AdminOption and press OK
- ChooseReset TV to Factory Settings Press is OK. Click OK
- Wait for the TV to turn on.
- Check to see if the narrator has been turned off
All settings that you have set up on the TV will be lost when it is reset. These settings will need to be re-entered.
If you have difficulty finding the Accessibility feature within the System function, please check the Settings option.
If you have any questions or still have a problem, consult the user manual on your TV or get help from your vendor.