What Thinkpad Model Do I Have? – Before We Get Into The Topic ,Lets Learn Some Basic Of This Topic
Identification of the ThinkPad Model
Information about the system
- Type “System Information” into the Start menu and select that option from the list.
- A window will open that displays information about your computer. The 7th item is the most important.
Information about machines
Machine Info is frequently used to locate the following information.
- Serial number of machine
- MAC Address
- Host Name
The hostname of your machine will include three pieces of data: the NMU user ID, the machine type, and the image version.
- Type “Machine Info”, in the Classic Shell or Start menu, and select that option from the list.
- A window will open that displays the information on your computer.
Please Note: If you are unable to identify your machine type with the above methods, you can use the label at the machine’s bottom.
The label is located at the bottom of your machine.
Each ThinkPad comes with a label that identifies the machine type, serial number, and model. This label can be found at the bottom of the machine.
Here is a sample of a possible label.
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen5 Model 20HQ