What is the Best Camera for Landscape Photography?
Gone are the days when while taking shots on your camera you have to deal with limited features and options. As you have to deal with various locations, Landscape Photography needs special cameras. If you’re starting your landscape photography career and wondering what the best landscape photography camera is, then here’s your answer.
We all know the market’s on-going competition. We have numerous brands with so many options on the market, and for that reason, it can be a bit difficult for beginners to choose the right camera for landscape photography. We have listed the top-rated DSLR cameras here to help you get an appropriate camera for landscape photography that can help you throughout your journey. Now let’s check them out!
Best Cameras for Landscape Photography
The market is full of various types of cameras from world-class brands, as noted above. Choosing a camera that suits your basic needs is essential for you. If they do not meet your needs, you should not go for the latest models, which are usually very costly. First of all, it is better for you to understand your basic needs and then search the market for a compatible camera. Here, we picked the highly recommended Landscape Photographers’ DSLRs.
For many beginner photographers, the Canon EOS 5DS R camera is the most popular choice as it is packed with all the latest features to take all kinds of photos. The camera has a full-frame CMOS sensor of 50.6 MP and is compatible with a variety of lenses in order to take the perfect landscape shots. Let’s find out this camera’s main specifications.
What is the Best Camera for Landscape Photography – Canon EOS 5DS R
- 50.6 Full-frame CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- Canceled Low-pass Effect for sharp landscape photographs
- Built-in advanced photography modes
- Takes photos at 50 Megapixel
- Records full HD resolution videos at 1080 pixels
- 5fps continuous shooting mode
- 3.2” LCD Screen acts as a real-time viewfinder
- Default Anti-flicker function
Sony Alpha a7R II Mirrorless Digital Camera
With a variety of digital cameras for all types of users, Sony is yet another famous brand in the industry. The brand is known for its range of cameras that are mirrorless. Presently, the Sony Alpha a7R II Mirrorless digital camera is the world’s best-selling model. It has some extraordinary characteristics, which is why it is on the 2020 list of best-selling cameras. Let’s check out this camera’s key specifications.
What is the Best Camera for Landscape Photography – Sony Alpha a7R II Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Features 42MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- An advanced BIONZ X Image Processor
- Perfect pictures with ISO range of up to 102,400
- Five-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization
- 5 fps continuous shooting
- Upgraded autofocus system
- 3” Electronic ViewFinder
- Records external videos at full 4K resolution
- Features tilting LCD screen
Full-frame cameras for professional landscape photography are highly recommended. For this particular type of photography, full-frame cameras have the potential to cover up the whole landscape so that you don’t have to purchase an external camera.
One of the most popular choices amongst professional photographers is the Nikon D850. The following list of its main specifications will assist you to understand why the market is quite popular!
What is the Best Camera for Landscape Photography – Nikon D850
- Features a 45.7 Full-frame CMOS Sensor
- 153-point Autofocus System
- EXSPEED 5 Image Processor
- Lower ISO with Greater Dynamic Range
- Built-in 3” tilting touchscreen
- Advanced autofocus engine
- Records videos at 4K resolution
- 7fps burst shooting i.e. continuous shooting
- Interval timer to record 8K time-lapse videos
Fujifilm is now regarded as one of the world’s finest producers of DSLRs. The organization also has millions of its fanboys from all over the world. If you are looking for a mirrorless camera for landscape photography, the Fujifilm XT3 is the brand’s best option available. The following list of its main specifications will help you find out why this camera should go with you!
What is the Best Camera for Landscape Photography – Fujifilm XT3
- 26.1mp x-trans CMOS 4 sensor
- X-Processor 4 Image Processor
- Built-in HDMI output with full mirrorless lens support
- Records videos at full 4K resolution
- 2.16 M Phase Detection
- OLED Color ViewFinder with 3” touchscreen tilting screen
- Supports high-speed continuous shoot up to 30 fps
- Built-in sports finder mode for action shooting
- Enhanced autofocus for moving objects
The company’s first Fx-format mirrorless camera is the Nikon Z7. It comes with a 45.7 Megapixel sensor with highly professional shooting capabilities. The camera comes with all of the latest features and functions that make the landscape photographer the right pick. Let’s see some of this camera’s main specifications.
What is the Best Camera for Landscape Photography – Nikon Z7
- 45.7MP effective FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor
- Upgraded EXPEED 6 Image Processing Engine
- Built-in VGA Electronic Viewfinder
- Ability to record 4K and 8K time-lapse
- 493 point phase-detection system for sharp image quality
- 3.2” Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity options
The best camera for landscape photography is all about that. To take professional-grade landscape photos, we have recruited five of the best and highly recommended DSLR cameras from trusted brands.
What you can do here is explore the list well, learn about each camera’s basic key requirements mentioned above, and go for the one that fits your basic landscape photography needs. Feel free to let us know in the comments section if you have anything to say!