Vodafone Message Error 38 – Before We Get Into The Topic , let’s Learn Some Basic Of This Topic
Vodafone error 38 is causing problems with mobile connectivity. Here’s a detailed guide on how to fix the problem and why it occurs in the first instance.
Mobile phones are no longer a simple way to communicate with others via text messages or phone calls. Smartphones can be used to manage your social networks, keep track of your finances, and give you access to streaming entertainment.
However, the power of a smartphone is still being used. This explains why errors regarding phone calls and texting might be disputable. Vodafone error 38 is a common one among European and Asian users. It is usually denoted by “Error 38: Unable To Deliver SMS”.
Why does the Vodafone Error 38 occur?
Since many Vodafone customers have confronted a particular problem across different areas, it cannot be correlated with a certain location. Based on public forums, we have concluded that the Vodafone network error 38 could be caused by these factors:
- The SMS was sent from an area where there is no or very little Vodafone network provider policy.
- The matter was a battle between the pre-set system configurations and those provided by the network provider.
- All the SIM card requirements are a problem.
How to Fix Vodafone Error No 38
Solution #1 – Restart your device
Although it may seem like a simple tech support issue to fix your phone, it will actually work more often than not. You may only need to restart the phone to fix the problem permanently.
- Hold down the Power button to display the boot screen.
- Depending on the brand of your mobile device, select the Restart/Reboot button. Then wait patiently.
- Check to see if the SMS support is working after the system restarts.
Solution #2 – Manually choose Vodafone network
You can use the Preferences menu to manage the problem of low connectivity. It might even fix the Vodafone error 38. You may be able to choose the system operator manually, which could resolve the issue quickly.
- Go to the Settings section of your device.
- Navigate to the Discover SIM & Network tab in the Preferences
- To change the system style, if you have only two SIMs, choose the Vodafone SIM.
- Look for Network operators in the list.
- To flip it off, tap the toggle button near Pick automatically.
- Wait for the device to display available programs, then tap Vodafone to select the network provider.
Solution #3 – Manually set the SMSC
Although this process is normally handled by the network provider, you may need to manually place the SMSC number (SMS service center number). To get the correct SMSC number for your area, you will need to contact the Vodafone network operator.
- Open the dialer or phone program on your cell device.
- Tap the knob, then enter “*#4636#*“To it.
- Start Phone Info on another screen and scroll down to locate SMSC within the listing.
- Tap Refresh to view the current number.
- Enter the SMSC amount that you received from the system operator, then click Update to complete the operation.
Solution #4 – Reset Network Settings
Resetting the system settings is the only way to go if all the other repairs have failed. This choice permits you to clear from the stored settings for both Wi-Fi, Bluetooth along Mobile Networks. If nothing else can fix the Vodafone error 38, you can reset your phone with the help of the community.
- Go to the Settings section on your phone.
- Scroll down to find the Backup & Combine
- Locate the Network configurations reset tab open and tab.
- After pressing the Reset Settings button, wait for the process to complete.
Reboot your Android device to reset everything after the system settings have been removed.
Problems with mobile networks such as the Vodafone error 38 and other network operators are quite common. Many devices are connected to the same network at the same time so problems can occur. The above-mentioned measures should resolve connectivity problems.