Update Virus Signature Database for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux Devices
- Click on ‘Security Sub-Systems > Antivirus > ‘Device list’
- Select a device by using the check boxes to the left. Click the ‘Update Antivirus DB’ button
- The database can be updated manually or in accordance with a set schedule.
- Windows devices Configure the “Update” component of the Windows profile that is applied to a device. For more information, see Client Security update in Create Windows profiles.
- Mac OS devices Configure the Antivirus component. outline”>for more details.
- Linux devices Configure the “Antivirus” component of the Linux profile that is applied to a device. See Antivirus Settings for Linux Profile for more details.
- Select ‘Antivirus’ from the list by clicking ‘Security Sub-Systems’ to the left.
- Click on the “Device List” tab
- To view their devices, click on a company or group
- To view all devices enrolled in EM, select ‘Show All”.
- Choose the Windows, Mac OS, and/or Linux devices on which you want to update the virus databases
|Tip You can filter the list and search for specific devices by clicking on the funnel icon in the top right corner of the table.|
- From the menu at the top, click ‘Update Antivirus DB.
The command to download the updates is sent to the devices.