Many game enthusiasts use Twitch to watch their favorite games. The chat feature is a key feature of the application. Twitch chat allows users to interact with each other and stream live.
Twitch chat sometimes doesn’t load at all. Most users find this annoying.
It could be due to a variety of errors that the Twitch chat does not show. This guide will help you understand the causes and fix them.
Learn more: How to get viewers to your Twitch channel
Fix: The Twitch chat doesn’t work
It is most likely due to an issue with your browser extension or cache. These steps will help you fix it:
Fix 1: Disable your browser extensions
- To select extensions, click on the menu icon in the upper right corner of your browser.
- To disable the extensions, click on the button beside them
- After you have disabled all extensions, restart the browser
2. Clear your browser cache
- Go to the settings page by clicking on the menu button in your browser.
- Scroll down until you see the Clear Brow Data option.
- Clear the data by changing the time period to always and selecting the desired time frame
Learn more: Discord mic problem fixed in a few simple steps
Fix 3: Disable Ad Blocks
- Click the menu button to navigate to the More Tools’ options
- Select the extension option from the drop-down menu
- Select your ad-blocking programs from the list and then slide the button to disable them
- Restart your browser
Fix 4: Use incognito mode
- Navigate to the menu icon in your browser
- Select the New Incognito Window
- To access Twitch, close your window in the previous window.
Learn more: You can stream music on Twitch.
Fix 5: Modify your browser
Sometimes, the browser you use might be the root cause of your problem. Download a new browser from Twitch. This will resolve all issues with the older browsers.
Logging in with another browser fixes errors such as slobchat not working immediately
Fix 6: Disable your proxy
If your problems persist, you can disable your proxy to access the network again.
- Start the setting app. This can be done by pressing Windows key + i.
- Visit the section on network and internet
- Choose a proxy from the left panel
- Delete all proxy options from the right side.
These are the best ways to solve your Twitch chat issues. Restart your network device to try loading again.