You have probably noticed beautiful graphics on Twitch streams that you are streaming. These are known as stream overlays or Twitch.
An overlay could be anything from a border around your webcam to a high-definition picture of your favorite videogame.
It is basically a transparent PNG image that you place above or around your webcam. This is similar to masking your stream and placing graphics below it to make it look professional.
First, you need to learn how to create a Twitch overlay. You also need to be able to add it to your stream or game.
How to make an Overlay for Twitch
There are many ways to add a Twitch stream overlay. These include:
1. Use a template
Download a template online, and then add it to your stream. An OBS overlay template makes things much easier.
If you’re using OBS Studio software, the option will work. These are the steps to add an overlay.
- You can download the template from any internet source
- Select the OBS scene where you wish to add the overlay. OBS will automatically create the scene.
- Right-click in the source box and select Add. Next, select Image. Click OK to name the image.
- To add an overlay to your stream, click on Browse. Click on it, then click OK.
After clicking OK, the stream overlay template will be added to your scene. You can then resize and move the overlay to the desired position.
Read The best OBS settings to stream on Twitch
2. Designing it
You can create your own overlay if you require a customized overlay for free. This article will be using Adobe Photoshop.
Follow these steps to get started.
- Open Photoshop, click File and then choose New.
- Your image’s width and height should be set to 1920 pixels and 1080 pixels, respectively. Click OK.
- Click on Edit, then select Fill. Select any background color for your overlay. Click OK.
- You can add an invincible layer on top of the background that you have chosen. Click Layer at the top of your screen and then click New. Select Layer. This layer is where you can add, modify, or draw your designs.
- Move your mouse to the workspace. You can start creating designs by entering words. To create shapes, click and drag the rectangle tool. Select Edit and then Fill once you have created the shape that you want. Select a color to use for your shapes, and then press OK.
- You can continue to design your graphics by adding more content. You can also add features such as a chatbox or subscriber list.
- Select File, then Save as after creating your designs. JPEG and PNG are the best formats to choose from.
To create a live stream overlay, you don’t need Adobe Photoshop. Any editor can do the job.
It is important to add the OBS Studio to your OBS Studio, as described in section one.
Although it is important to understand how to create a Twitch overlay you can still use a template to add it to your stream. You can also add an animated file to your stream overlay.
There are generally no rules when creating a Twitch overlay. Only professional-looking graphics are required that your viewers love.