To use your Twitch account on any other media player aside from your computer, you will have to activate it. This involves creating a code on your computer, which you should enter on Twitch for the device you want to use.
The exact steps can vary from one media player or another. Besides, sometimes twitch. tv/activate may not be working or won’t display the 6 digit code.
This guide will help you if you have any trouble activating Twitch on any platform.
How to create a Twitch Account
You must sign up for a Twitch Account before activation. It can be done on your computer, or via your mobile device.
This will be how I do it on both the iPhone and iPad. You can skip the activation step if you already have an account.
You can sign up for a Twitch Account on your computer by clicking here
- Go to the address you have chosen in your browser. twitch.to click the Sign-Up button
- Complete the Sign-Up Form with your username, date, email, password, and other relevant information. You can double-check that the information you provide is correct as it could be helpful in account recovery.
- You can also sign up with your Facebook account by clicking connect with Facebook
- Follow these instructions to create your Twitch account.
These steps are for Android and iOS smartphones.
- Search and download your app store. Twitch Mobile App
- After installing and launching the app, tap Sign up
- Sign up with your email address or phone number
- After you have completed the form, click on Sign Up to receive a 6-digit code via email or phone.
- Within 5 minutes, enter the code in your app
The code will usually arrive immediately. If you don’t receive it within five minutes, check your email or phone number by pressing the back button. TapRedeem code they are fine.
You can opt-out of Twitch notifications via your smartphone by entering your email address in the sign-up form.
How to activate Twitch
These are the steps to activate Twitch from different devices.
PS4 or PS3
These steps will activate Twitch for PS4 and PS3:
- Open the PlayStation Store on your PS, search for Twitch, and tap to Install
- After installation, launch the app and choose Sign In
- You can activate your account at twitch. tv/activate from any mobile device or computer. First, log in to your account.
- Enter the code shown on your Twitch app for PlayStation
- Click OK to start broadcasting or watching content.
It could be a slow internet connection, or a problem with Twitch servers if the code doesn’t appear.
Restart your router if it is still having problems. Give it time before you try again.
Xbox 360 and Xbox One
These steps will enable you to activate and use Twitch TV with an Xbox One or Xbox 360.
- Install the Twitch app from the Xbox Store
- Select log in
- Open twitch. tv/activate from your computer or phone
- To access the Twitch app on Xbox, enter the code shown on the screen
- To stream or watch content, tap OK
These steps will activate Twitch on Roku
- Search and install Twitch in the Channel Store on Roku.
- To activate your device, select Log in
- Visit twitch. tv/activate to activate your Android, iOS, or Windows phone or computer
- To access the Twitch app for Roku, enter the code shown on the screen
- Click OK to stream on Roku
How to fix Twitch TV 6-digit activation codes not working? How can I fix it?
These are some solutions if the activation code isn’t working or not showing up on your TV or Roku:
1. Reactivate your device
Visit this site to resend your code to your device menu Bar> TwitchActivation.
You should see an activation code. Depending on which device you’re using, you can follow the steps above to activate Twitch.
2. Change your HDMI cable
An older HDMI cable may cause the code not to display. If you’re using a media streaming device to stream video, unplug the HDMI cable for 30 seconds and then plug it back in.
If the code does not display, replace the cable and retry.
Go to for Apple TV usersSettings>Audio/Video>TV ResolutionSelect “Auto“. If that doesn’t work, move on to the next step.
3. Change from Dark Mode
Did you recently lower the resolution of your TV or switch to Dark Mode? Your activation code might be in a darker shade, making it difficult to see.
To view the code, switch to Dark Mode or increase the brightness of your TV or Monitor.
These steps should have helped install Twitch and use it on any device. Let us know if you have any questions via the comments section.
If twitch. tv/activate does not work, you can reach out to Twitch Support.