Vizio SmartCast gives you multiple ways of streaming, controlling, and playing your entertainment. It can be used to stream 4K movies and TV, and also share photos and videos.
SmartCast also offers the most convenient way to play your music and create playlists.
The app allows you to do many things, but there will be times when the app might not work as intended. The message “Vizio SmartCast unavailable at this time” is a common error.
This error prevents you to watch content on Vizio TV. The screen will be black. We have identified a few possible causes of the error in our research:
- There are too many apps that you don’t use.
- Some casting apps take too much memory
- Your device has not been connected to the internet
There are many ways to fix the Vizio SmartCast television not working error. These are some solutions.
1. 1. Restart the TV
Restarting the TV is one of the easiest ways to fix many problems with the VizioSmartCast. This is especially useful if your TV menu doesn’t work or your Vizio SmartCast freezes.
It will help to eliminate all temporary and unimportant data as well as memory that is caused by uninstalled apps. Follow these steps:
- Unplug your TV from the power source
- It can be left unplugged for five seconds
- Press and hold the power button while your device is still unplugged for at least one minute
- After one minute, connect it to the power source
- Turn on the TV
Turn it on and use the remote menu to access previous channels.
2. Use your Smartphone as a remote
In recent years, Vizio SmartCast received many updates. You will lose out on valuable features and bug fixes if you don’t update the system. Vizio TV apps will no longer show errors if you update.
Here’s how it works:
- Connect to a network by turning on your TV
- Go to Settings
- Navigate to Systems
- Select Check for System Upgrades
- Check to confirm that you wish to receive updates
- Install the updates
The TV will then restart after the installation. Now you can watch content without any errors. You cannot update the system if Vizio Smart TV is not connected to the internet.
3. Factory reset the TV
If none of the steps above worked, factory reset your Vizio SmartCast TV.
- Use the remote control to access the menu
- Navigate to Systems, and then press OK
- Select Reset & Admin
- Reset TV to Factory Defaults
- A prompt will be displayed on the screen
- Select Reset, then press OK
The system will reset itself. To continue, you will need to reinstall all your settings and applications.
If Vizio SmartCast is still not working, you can get in touch with Vizio Support.
If you find a better solution, please let us know by commenting below. Help others with the same problem.