Sometimes, the Sharp Aquos TV experiences power supply problems. It will not turn on or off when this happens. Other situations may result in different outcomes.
If your Sharp Aquos TV is not turning on and showing a picture or blinking continuously, it could be an indication that the power light is flickering. Although the problem may not be permanent it could indicate that some components are overheating or that you need to replace their power supply board.
You should check if your Sharp Roku TV isn’t turning on. Your TV will shut down if the circuitry heats up, to prevent further damage.
Your remote may also be unable to turn on or off the TV because of dead batteries.
These are some additional troubleshooting steps that you can try.
1. 1.Check that the TV has enough power
The TV will not turn on if there is no power or red light. These steps will help you troubleshoot the problem.
- Make sure you have connected both the TV power connector as well as the wall outlet to the power cord.
- When you press the remote button, an LED light should appear in front of your TV panel. You can try another power outlet, or inspect your fuse box if there is no LED activity.
Other devices, such as surround sound receivers, fans, or hair dryers, could interfere with your TV’s ability to receive enough power.
To identify the source of interference, turn off one device at a given time. Move it away from the TV once you are done.
These options may not work. You will need a new power cord that is compatible with the TV. We recommend this cable by HQRP.
2. 2. Power cycle the TV
Power-cycling is a great option if your Sharp Aquos TV won’t turn on. Here’s how it works:
- Unplug the power cable.
- Give it about 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord.
Next, turn on your TV. Then use your remote control to turn it off. If the LED isn’t responding or is too bright, you can use the same steps as above.
3. 3. Check the sleep timer
You may have accidentally turned the sleep timer ON if your TV is constantly turning OFF. You should make sure that the setting is not ON.
- PressMenüOn the remote.
- To highlight, press the left or right Arrow keys. Installation.
- ChooseTime Setting.
- ChooseSleep Timer.
Select OFF to close the sleep timer.
4. Reset your Sharp TV
Resetting the device can help you solve the problem. This is how to reset your Sharp TV that won’t turn on.
- Use your remote to go to Settings.
- Select System
- Choose Factory Reset.
- To reset the process, press the Play or OK button 3 times.
You will need to reset the TV after the reset. The most important step is to verify that the problem has been fixed. If the problem persists, turn the TV ON or OFF with the remote.
5. 5. Force Sharp TV to Turn ON
Here’s how to get your Sharp TV to start:
- The power button is located on the remote.
- The TV will automatically power up when it is in standby mode.
- Press the power button to turn on the TV if the power light turns red after you have used the remote.
- This will take the device off standby.
If your TV is set up in standby mode it may not turn on when you press certain buttons on the remote. You can therefore force the TV to turn on by pressing the power button.
You can also power-cycle it and try again. If you need to know how to turn on Sharp TVs without using a remote, the above steps will work.
Sharp TVs that don’t turn on or off in different ways can be fixed. Check to see if the power light blinks.
If the problem persists, unplug your TV from the wall outlet and wait for a few seconds before plugging it back in again to check if the issue has been resolved.
Sometimes, the TV will not turn on because your remote has dead batteries. If that happens, replace the batteries.
You should also ensure that your TV is not heating up as this could cause damage to the power supply unit.