You can reset your digital tuner, disable or enable hotel mode and do a complete factory reset with the Samsung TV Smart Menu.
Before you make any changes to the service menu, you must take a picture of your current settings. If the changes made do not work, you can take a photo of your current settings to help you restore it.
Notice: The service menu items are very abbreviated. For assistance understanding the Samsung Service Menu Explanations guide, click here
Samsung Service Menu explained
It can be difficult to control, configure, or diagnose a smart TV. A user with a normal skill can access the Samsung TV service menu by pressing a sequence of buttons on their remote control.
You can find a lot of information on your TV’s service menu, including:
- Date of production, version, year, and model
- Digital tuner manufacturer
- Instructions for mounting a wall
- TV port standards
You can also change these settings in the menu:
- Controlling and managing sound levels
- Modifying the TV’s mode
- Disabling or enabling television models
- Perform screen tests and calibrate the screen
- Setting the white balance
- Controlling color levels
How to access Samsung Service Menu using a smart remote
- To load the Home Screen, press the Home Button on the Samsung smart control remote.
- Navigate to the Settings tab using the directional pad, and click on it
- Wait for the service menu on your screen to appear
- Select the menu item that you want to modify, then set the parameter and click OK to save your changes.
Samsung TV manufacturers default to hiding the service menu. You can access the service menu by pressing a combination of keys or using the Home button.
Different key combinations are used by different models of Samsung TVs. The Samsung TV service menu will show you the correct combination for your model.
The following are the standard procedures:
- Your TV should be turned off
- As follows:
- Combination 1Info, menu, Mute, then Power button
- Combination 2First, mute the button. Then press 1,8,2 and then press the power button
- Combination 3Display, menu, Mute, then Power button
- Combination 4Display, P.STD. Mute then power button
- The TV will turn on, and the service menu will be displayed on the top left of the screen
- You can navigate the menu with your smart remote and make any necessary changes
Notice: Keep trying until you get the service menu. Samsung has designed a button-pressing algorithm that limits the time between buttons to protect users from accidental access to the menu.Each button should be pressed only once, and you shouldn’t hold them for too much.
Without a remote, access the Samsung TV service menu
This is how you can access the Samsung Smart TV’s service menu without having to use a remote.
- The small, square-shaped button on the back right of your TV is similar to a joystick. To turn on the TV, flip the switch to the right. The menu button will appear at the bottom of your screen as the screen loads. To navigate the menu and make any necessary changes, you can use the volume buttons at the side of the television.
- You can also turn on the TV and press the “joystick”, button while the service menu is loading.
- A remote app can be downloaded to your smartphone. You can use it to access the Samsung Service Menu Code the same way as a smart remote.
You can get a replacement remote from Amazon if you lost or damaged yours.
Smart remotes are the best way to access your Samsung TV’s service menu.
A remote allows you to easily set the TV’s settings for maximum performance. Although it is possible to access the menu from your TV without a remote, it may take some time.
Depending on what you prefer, and which method works best for you, the choice of which method to use will depend on your preference. To ensure your TV model is compatible with your choice of method, always refer to the Samsung TV service menu guide.