It is important to determine the root cause of a Samsung TV remote not working. You might notice that the button does not respond when you press it.
You may also experience problems with your remote or the sensor not working. It will be difficult to diagnose the problem and fix it if you don’t know what it is.
There are four main reasons that a Samsung TV remote might stop working. Bad batteries, an electronic problem in the device, a defective remote, and a defective sensor on the TV are all possible causes of a Samsung TV remote not working properly.
The first thing to check for is the battery. You should first replace the batteries. Next, clean the upper edges of your remote and check the terminals. These are some solutions if the problem does not resolve.
Notice: These troubleshooting tips can be used in conjunction with the Samsung SmartThings App.
There are several ways to fix a Samsung television that doesn’t respond to the remote.
If your Samsung TV won’t respond to the remote, follow these troubleshooting tips:
1. 1. Restart your TV
Rebooting your TV will allow you to refresh it and start over.
- Turn off your TV.
- It should be unplugged from the power source.
- Wait for about30 seconds.
- Connect the TV to the power socket.
You can try turning it on with the remote to see what happens.
2. Perform a digital camera test
You can test the digital camera to see if the remote’s infrared is working.
- Turn on the camera on your smartphone.
- The remote should be pointed at the lens of your camera.
- The remote can be operated by pressing a button.
- The InfraRed eye of remote flash should be flash to indicate that the remote is active, click on the camera screen.
The problem is with the TV’s remote sensor if the remote works. If it doesn’t work, the remote may be defective. Consider replacing it.
How to fix a Samsung TV remote that isn’t working
You can troubleshoot your remote sensor by looking for obstructions between the remote and the sensor. Obstructing the infrared signal will result in an object being placed between them.
You will also need to restart your TV and try again. Follow the instructions above.
If the sensor does not work after you have tried all the steps, please return the TV to its seller. Find a trusted technician who is skilled in Samsung TVs.
Troubleshooting the Samsung Smart TV remote touchpad
Sometimes, the Samsung Smart Touch Remote’s touchpad can lose its sensitivities. This can be caused by constant changes to the calibration level.
Recalibrating the Smart Touch Remote is a better solution.
- For three seconds, press and hold the NUMBER key.
- The calibration will start.
- After calibrating, the remote’s LED will blink two times.
Avoid touching the touchpad during calibration. If the problem persists, you may need to calibrate your touchpad periodically.
However, if the remote fails to work completely, then it is best to get a good replacement remote that is compatible with your TV. Alternatively, you can use the Omaic universal remote for all Samsung TVs.
How to fix a Samsung remote not pairing
Resetting a remote can be used to fix it if it isn’t pairing. Here’s a guideline:
- Remove the batteries. If possible, consider buying new batteries.
- Hold the power button down for at least 20 seconds while the batteries are dead.
- Press the power button.
- Reinstall the batteries.
- To initiate the relink process, hold down the Play/Pause or back buttons.
- Point the remote at the TV’s sensor.
- For at least three seconds, press and hold simultaneously the Play/Pause and Return buttons.
The remote will automatically sync with your Samsung TV. A message will appear indicating that the remote has been connected to your TV.
What happens if the remote blinks red?
There are several options to repair your Samsung TV remote if it stops working or blinks red.
- As described in step 1, restart the TV.
- As shown in step 4, pair the remote once more.
Reset the remote if the above fails. First, remove the batteries from your compartment.
For more information, press the Power button light seconds now, you can remove the batteries. Reinstall the batteries and re-use the remote.
There are several things you can do to fix your Samsung TV remote if it isn’t working. You can start by changing the batteries and cleaning the remote’s upper edges. Next, check the terminals.
If the red light is flashing, you can try pairing the remote again. You can also calibrate the touchpad periodically to fix any issues.