When it comes to the digital world of 2022, data is a priceless commodity. A data loss of any kind is a devastating setback that leaves just one question: “How do I retrieve my files?” The loss of data might result in catastrophic consequences both emotionally and professionally. Data recovery software acts as a lifeline for recovering data that has been deleted, erased, or lost.
This article highlights the finest data recovery tools for Windows 11, Windows 10, and earlier versions of Windows, as well as their impressive capabilities. A variety of free and paid software choices that are safe and provide fast performance are included in this list.
Best Data Recovery Software for Windows 11/10/8/7 in 2022
1. Recuva Professional by CCleaner Piriform
Piriform’s Recuva Professional is a high-end premium data recovery software that is available for purchase. It is capable of recovering erased files from a variety of storage devices including a Windows PC, memory cards, external hard drives, USB flash drives, and other rewriteable storage devices.
- It has a simple UI that is straightforward to use.
- Recovery of all types of lost files, including photographs, videos, documents, music, emails, and other types of data is possible with Recuva Professional, a superior file recovery software. Recuva can also be used to recover previously unsaved word documents.
- It has a high degree of adaptability and can recover hard drives from severely damaged or newly formatted discs with relative ease.
- Recuva includes a powerful deep scan mode that searches for evidence of previously deleted files.
- The secure overwrite option in Recuva employs military-grade procedures to eliminate the files from the system.
- Its preview tool allows you to see what files have been detected and whether they are recoverable.
Recuva Professional is available for purchase for USD 19.95.
2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
Not only can EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard recover accidentally deleted files, but it can also recover data from damaged or formatted hard drives. It is the best free data recovery software available for quick and reliable recovery of not only accidentally deleted files, but also data from damaged or formatted hard drives. As a result, it is a very effective file recovery software.
- The UI of EaseUS is straightforward and user-friendly.
- It can recover more than 1000 different sorts of files, including documents, films, audios, graphics, emails, archives, and other types of data.
- EaseUS may be used not only for lost and formatted data recovery, but it can also be utilised in a variety of data loss situations such as virus attack, system crash, operating system crash, partition loss, hard drive crash, and so on.
- It is capable of recovering RAW partitions with reasonable success.
- Easy-to-use scanning options, such as Quick Scan and Advanced Deep Scan, make it easy to find what you’re looking for.
- It provides a preview of recovery results to ensure that recovery is as efficient as possible.
- In addition, EaseUS offers high-quality remote help from data recovery specialists to ensure a higher success rate in data recovery.
Price ranges from $99.95 to $1,299.95.
RecoverXData is one of the best data recovery applications available for Windows PCs, and it can help you recover files from a variety of different loss situations. You may recover deleted and lost files with the help of this powerful, easy-to-use, and 100 per cent secure data recovery programme. You can use it for free, or you can upgrade to the pro version to make use of its additional features.
- RecoverXData may be used to recover a wide range of data formats and provide loss case support.
- It offers several different core data recovery modes.
- As a pro, you can experiment with advanced scanning and file preview tools.
- When it comes to data protection, nothing is more safe and secure than 100%.
- On business days, you can get help at any time.
- Logs can be exported for technical support.
Price: Starting at $29.96 per month.
4. Auslogics File Recovery
Auslogics is a strong file recovery programme for Windows computers that is available. It aids with the recovery of mistakenly deleted information or documents from computer hard drives, USB storage devices, and memory cards, among other places.
- Auslogics File Recovery offers a user-friendly graphical user interface.
- Almost every form of file can be recovered, including documents, films, audios, graphics, emails, and so on.
- The scanning choices are divided into two categories: Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
- Auslogics File Recovery has powerful filters for sorting and organising the recovered files. Furthermore, it enables you to see items from the search results and only restore the files that are genuinely required for the task at hand
- The Disk Image feature in Auslogic Recovery allows you to create a backup of your system hard disc and restore it.
- Confidential files are securely deleted permanently with the sophisticated File Shredder tool that is built-in.
- Auslogic Recovery uses the Hard Wiper programme to completely erase the vacant space on a disc drive, ensuring that all deleted files are permanently erased.
Price: Prices begin at $25.38.
5. MiniTool Power Data Recovery Software
To recover lost data and deleted files and folders from various data loss scenarios, MiniTool is a free data recovery software for Windows that can be downloaded here.
MiniTool is one of the few data recovery programmes for Windows 10 and Windows 11 that is capable of retrieving files and folders from SSDs (solid-state drives), in addition to traditional storage media such as hard discs, flash drives, memory cards, and so on. MiniTool is available as a free download from the MiniTool website.
- It offers a user interface that is straightforward and straightforward to use.
- MiniTool can recover data from a deleted or damaged partition, as well as from a variety of storage devices such as a PC, an external hard drive, a USB flash drive, a memory card, and so on.
- It enables the recovery of data from CDs and DVDs.
- It includes a solution for digital media data recovery, as well as tools to manage drives and partitions, align SSD partitions, and convert operating systems to SSDs.
- MiniTool has two scanning options: Quick Scan and Full Scan. Quick Scan is the default setting.
- A wide range of partition recovery options are available. It includes advanced capabilities such as Disk
- Benchmark and Space Analyzer to provide the best possible user experience. MiniTool has the capability of scanning partitions one by one in a continuous loop, however once the scanning process has begun, it is unable to skip over the problematic sector.
- MiniTool Partition Wizard Free is a free tool that allows users to manage discs and partitions, align SSD partitions, migrate operating systems to SSDs, clone discs, and perform other tasks.
- It includes file preview functionality to ensure that the file recovery process is as efficient as possible.
Price ranges from $105.02 to $105.05.
6. Wise Data Recovery Pro
Data can be recovered from a formatted drive, a virus attack, or a system breakdown with Wise Data Recovery Pro. It can also be recovered from an accidental recovery. It is capable of working with a hard drive, an external hard drive, a USB drive, a memory card, or any other type of storage media that is compatible with it.
- With the help of its powerful algorithms, Wise Data Recovery Pro is able to scan for data in record time.
- Before beginning the recovery process, it displays information about the files, including their details and recoverability. It includes data quality indicators for the files that are downloaded.
- It has the ability to recover more than 1000 different sorts of information, including documents, films, audios, graphics, emails, and other forms of files.
- It comes with convenient search filters, for example, one can use keywords to search for recoverable files and choose which recovery file types to scan for before the scan begins.
- Wise Data Recovery Pro is capable of recovering individual files as well as entire directories at the same time.
Price: Wise Data Recovery Pro is available for purchase for $67.46 per year as a subscription.
7. IObit Undelete
IObit Undelete is a free data recovery software for Windows 11/10/8/7 that recovers accidentally deleted files. It enables the safe recovery of deleted and lost files such as documents, videos, images, audio, and other types of media assets.
- The UI is clear and uncomplicated. It does not necessitate any specialised knowledge.
- It provides a comprehensive target scan for situations where a user is unsure of the disc or drive where the lost files were originally stored. This function automatically locates and retrieves files that are unavailable or hidden.
- Before recovering a file, IObit checks the status of the file. The status of the lost file is displayed once the scanning process has been completed. When a file is marked as excellent, good, or bad, it indicates if it can
- be restored normally or if it has been overwritten.
Use of the software is fully risk-free, and the software is sponsored by a reputable business, IObit.
Price: Free, but with restricted functionality
Also see: How to Recover Deleted Files That Have Been Permanently Erased
8. Advanced Disk Recovery
Advanced Disk Recovery is one of the most advanced data recovery software programmes available, and it can be used to recover lost or deleted documents, photos, videos, audio files, and other files from a Windows PC, USB flash drive, solid state drive, memory card, formatted hard drive, and other storage media. Advanced Disk Recovery is available for both Windows and Mac computers.
- Advanced Disk Recovery is a file recovery software that is both dependable and simple to use. It was built by Systweak, a well-known technology company.
- With its Quick Scan and Deep Scan modes, it is capable of doing thorough scanning.
- Almost every form of file can be recovered, including documents, films, audios, graphics, emails, and so on.
- Advanced Disk Recovery allows you to create custom filters to sort the deleted files in a certain order.
- Additionally, it enables for the previewing of files prior to the actual recovery of them.
- It is equipped with modern algorithms and, as a result, has a quick scanning speed.
- Advanced Disk Recovery is available for purchase for $39.95 per year as an annual subscription.
9. RecoverIt Data Recovery by Wondershare
RecoverIt by Wondershare is one of the best data recovery tools for Windows, capable of recovering files that have been lost, erased, destroyed, or even corrupted during the recovery process.
- It is possible to recover more than 1000 different sorts of data using RecoverIt Data Recovery. These include documents as well as videos and audios, graphics, emails, and other types of media.
- In addition, it includes an innovative video recovery technology that searches, gathers, and compares the fragments of corrupt videos in order to ensure that the video is repaired completely.
- It makes it possible to recover data from a crashed computer by establishing a bootable disc that can be used to restart the computer and access data.
- It offers a free file scan as well as a preview of the file details before launching the recovery process for the file.
- Wondershare has a unique function that allows you to halt and resume the recovery process or scanning at any stage in the procedure.
- The Standard Edition of Wondershare is available for purchase for USD 69.95.
10. Data Recovery Software by Disk Drill
Disk Drill is without a doubt the most powerful and widely used data recovery software for the Windows operating system.
- It offers a user interface that is up to date, as well as sophisticated recovery capabilities.
- Disk Drill is capable of retrieving files in a variety of formats, including films, music, documents, and even more complex ones.
- You can choose between two different scan options: a quick Quick Scan and a sophisticated Deep Scan.
- Recovery Vault is a data loss prevention feature that is included with Disk Drill as well. It preserves a backup reference to all of the files that have been erased.
- Guaranteed Recovery saves a copy of each file that is moved to a previously designated folder, such as the Recycle Bin, for later retrieval.
- Create image files in the form of ISO, IMG, or DMG files with the help of Disk Drill. In the field of forensic science, this functionality is extremely significant.
- Disk Drill is a tool that allows you to recover an entire hard disc partition.
- It offers a variety of filtering features to help you find files quickly.
Price: There is no charge for the free version, which provides for 500MB of data recovery for Windows. Users can recover an unlimited number of files with the Disk Drill Pro version ($89).
11. iCare Data Recovery Free
Data recovery software from iCare is number eleven. Free iCare Data Recovery is a free data recovery software for Windows that may be used to recover accidentally deleted or lost documents, photographs, movies, music files, and other types of files from hard drives. It distinguishes itself as a readily accessible hard drive recovery software due to its speedier and unlimited file recovery from incorrectly formatted drives, malware attacks, system crashes, and other causes of data loss and corruption.
- It functions as a comprehensive data recovery solution for Windows PCs, memory cards, external hard drives, USB sticks, and other storage devices.
- When it comes to recovering and repairing raw file systems, iCare Data Recovery is the most effective software available on the market.
A file recovery programme that is both simple and quick to use.
There are hundreds of different file recovery programmes available on the internet. In the year 2022, finding the finest data recovery software for Windows will become increasingly difficult. A decent hard drive recovery programme should be simple to use and capable of recovering all of the partitions on a hard drive. The preceding list has several excellent solutions for both paid and free data recovery tools, therefore providing an answer to the most frequently asked question: “How can I restore my files?”