If you are a Netflix subscriber, you can add several people to your account by creating their respective profiles. The service only allows you to create five profiles.
Each can have its maturity level, viewing restrictions, language preferences, playback settings, and personalized movie and TV show suggestions.
You can edit, delete or change a profile, even though they are set up in the same way. How do you change Netflix profiles on your Roku box?
First, be aware that there are two types of Netflix accounts: profiles and accounts. After creating one Netflix account, you can create a profile.
This account can be used to add up to five users with their profiles and settings. If you wish to switch users from the same account, use your remote to navigate to another profile.
Roku supports Netflix profiles
Roku supports Netflix profiles only on specific devices. You can create multiple profiles if you have one Netflix account, Roku Premiere, Roku 3, or Roku HDMI streaming stick.
Older devices may not work well. However, to make this happen you will need to create user profiles within the Netflix channel.
This will enable you to access them within the channel, as Roku accounts don’t offer multiple profiles.
How to change Netflix profiles on an old Roku device
Here’s what to do if you have Roku, and want to switch Netflix users:
- Start the Netflix app from your device
- You will see a Netflix home screen
- To open a menu on your Roku remote’s left side, press the left arrow of the D-Pad.
- To highlight your active Netflix account, use the Roku remote
- The profile is located at the top left corner of the menu that you have opened on your screen
- You will see the active Netflix profile change profile is directly below
- Click OK to activate the remote
After you click OK, a screen with the content “Who’s watching Netflix?” will be displayed. This screen displays all the profiles associated with your Netflix account. Next step:
- Your Roku remote can be used to highlight the Netflix profile that you want to switch to
- Click OK to activate your remote control
- Netflix will direct you to a brand new screen on your profile.
To switch Netflix profiles on RokuHD, you can follow the above steps at any time. You should also be aware that older models may not have the same process.
How to change Netflix accounts on Roku
You can switch accounts on your Roku by following these steps:
- Visit My Channels on Roku
- Find Netflix using your remote control and highlight the app
- To edit the application, press the star key on your remote
- Select Remove Channel
- Download the app again from the Channel Store
Next, open Netflix. Log in with another account.
It’s easy to switch Netflix profiles
To change your Netflix account on RokuXS, first register with Netflix and then create profiles within the channel.
Roku does not allow multiple accounts. You will need to switch profiles on Netflix depending on what device you use.
These include Roku Premiere and Roku 3 streaming sticks, as well as Roku HDMI streaming sticks. Older models might not work.