Roku player is the best device to enjoy unlimited home entertainment. To unlock the Roku player experience, you will need a remote control.
The remote can be used in a number of ways that are not available on the buttons.
If your Roku remote is not working, one of the most effective ways of fixing it is to reset it.
Before you reset your Roku remote, however, be aware of the following possible causes:
- The remote might not work if the batteries are worn out.
- It may not work if the Roku remote doesn’t work with the player.
- The remote might not work if the sensor on the Roku player is blocked.
You should reset your remote if none of these factors are affecting it. There are many ways to reset your Roku Remote.
How to reset a Roku remote using a player
These steps will help you reset your Roku remote.
- For approximately 15-30 seconds, unplug the Roku player’s power source.
- Take out the batteries and wait for about 30 seconds.
- Connect the player to the power supply.
- You should see the Roku logo after five seconds.
- Place the batteries back in the remote.
- After pressing the pairing button, wait a few seconds.
This procedure is not compatible with all Roku remotes. There are two major types of remote controls available from Roku: the enhanced remotes and infrared remotes.
You can reset Roku remotes using infrared remotes without the need for a pairing button. These remotes need to be replaced with batteries.
The best way to reset Roku remotes without using a reset button is to replace the batteries. Before you can determine which Roku IR or Enhanced Remote you have, confirm that you have the correct solution between resetting the battery and replacing it.
How to pair a Roku remote with a player
Before you begin the process, make sure that your remote’s batteries are charged.
These steps will allow you to pair the Roku remote and the player.
- Remove the power supply from the player.
- Take out the batteries.
- After 10 seconds, plug the Roku player again in.
- The Roku logo should be visible on your TV screen.
- Replace the batteries in the remote
- For at least five seconds, use your remote to press the pairing button.
- You will see the pairing light after five seconds. Wait for prompt confirmation on the TV screen.
There may be some difficulties during the pairing process. Your Roku remote might blink green but not work.
In such cases, you should replace the batteries and restart the process.
Is it possible to pair Roku remotes without using the pairing button?
If the pairing button on your Roku remote does not work, it is likely that the remote uses infrared technology and doesn’t require pairing. It means that the batteries have gone bad.
To continue using your remote, replace them.
It is clear that programming Roku remotes is easy and straightforward based on the steps and guidelines. However, the most important thing is to understand whether your Roku remote has Infrared or enhanced capabilities.
You will need to follow the above steps if your Roku remote is Enhanced. The only way to fix an Infrared Roku remote is to ensure that it is functional.