YouTube is one of the best, if not the best, music streaming sites. You can create endless playlists with millions of YouTube videos.
The urge to watch video content is just as strong. Therefore, offline videos are essential for future viewing.
We sometimes need to save YouTube videos to our computer for offline viewing because we often travel to areas with slow internet speeds. It is difficult to stream videos perfectly so we need to view YouTube offline.
YouTube allows anyone to upload videos. However, YouTube has many restrictions about how it can be accessed and downloaded.
Most privacy settings are controlled by the uploaders. It is very difficult to access any video offline. This doesn’t mean you can’t access your favorite video offline.
How to watch YouTube videos offline on PC, Android, or iPhone
These are just a few ways to access YouTube content offline.
Method 1: Download the YouTube app
This method makes use of the tools available on the app to make the content available offline. Follow these simple steps to view YouTube offline.
- You can download the YouTube app via Google PlayStore and AppStore for iOS. The YouTube app is preinstalled on most Android devices. To enjoy these features, you may need to upgrade your app version.
- Open the app and navigate the video search bar. Enter the name of the video that you wish to save, and click the play button.
- After you have chosen your video, go to the toolbar beneath the video and search for the “Download Video” option.
- Click on the image to save and download the video
- Open YouTube and select the library option from the bottom menu bar.
- After you have opened the downloads menu, your videos will be available for you to view. Depending on which version of YouTube you have installed, the location of the video might differ.
You will need to navigate to your account tab to find your videos in different versions of the app. The offline bar will be available once you have eaten the account tab. The playlists and saved videos will be displayed under the bar.
Method 2: You can save offline
Another way to cache YouTube videos offline is this. This is difficult to do with the PC because of many factors. Variations in browsers can affect the process.
YouTube for PC can only be accessed via browsers, so developers have restricted how you can access it. These steps will help you save your computer offline.
- Search the YouTube website for the video you wish to view.
- You can see the video to verify that it is the content you need.
- After viewing the video, click the Save button. It’s located between the report and share options.
- The video will be saved to your computer and available offline for viewing. This method may require you to install a third-party extension for your browser. After installing the appropriate extension, the cached videos will be downloaded. You should be cautious with this option as some add-ons could cause harm to your computer. Before installing any program, verify its authenticity.
Method 3: Use third-party apps
A few apps allow you to save YouTube videos for offline viewing. These apps should not be used on videos that aren’t copyrighted.
These are some of the most used apps to save videos offline on iOS and Android.
These are the steps to watching YouTube videos offline on your PC. The videos may disappear if you close your browser.
YouTube apps will require you to connect to the internet every once in a while to renew offline videos. The video will not play if it isn’t renewed.
There are many iTube alternatives if it isn’t working on your device.
This download option is not always available for every video. This is one of the best ways to save YouTube videos offline, such as recipes or tutorials.
YouTube is a trusted site. There are very few apps that can cache YouTube videos. Most videos are secured to prevent copyright infringement.