Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) is required to connect RDCMan. This tool is perfect for administrators who work in Windows-only environments, and require a remote desktop management tool that is exclusively focused on RDP.
RDP was created by Microsoft. It allows remote access to computers. RDP has a user interface that is simple and lightweight and includes input devices like a keyboard or a mouse.
How do you use Remote Desktop Connection Manager?
RDCMan is compatible with Microsoft Remote Assistance, pcAnywhere, Microsoft Remote Desktop Manager Radmin, Team Viewer, and many other programs.
Remote Desktop Connection Manager ( RDCMan):
- Administrators can use Remote Desk Connection Manager to arrange connections by groups using top-level hierarchies. The two-pane interface includes all the connection options that an administrator can create in a native RDP session. Administrators can only import servers from a text file.
- RDCMan can only be used for RDP connections. It is ideal for administrators who have Windows-only deployments and want a remote desktop management tool that focuses on RDP.
- RDCMan is particularly useful for developers, testers, system administrators, developers, and lab managers who work with large server farms or groups of computers. Desktop clutter can be reduced by consolidating multiple RDP connections in one window.
- Pro users cannot grant access to their computers with Windows 10. Follow the below steps to grant access:
- Open File Explorer
- Right-click this PC
- Remote Settings, Select Properties
- Select Allow remote connections for this computer
- Turn off Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication.
Remote Desktop Manager Features
The Remote Desktop Connection Manager is a key feature of the RDCMan
- Remote Desktop Connection Manager (RDCMan), a database that allows users to save login credentials, enabling them to log in to sessions automatically, including RDP, Terminal Services, and RDP.
- It can support Cisco VPN and Microsoft Virtual Private Network (VPN), among other things.
- It supports virtual machine connect-to console support.
- It allows you to choose the size of your client from the application configuration file.
- It supports credential encryption and certificates, as well as other features.
- Administrators have the option to add features such as MySQL or Java Web Star tools.
Although the RDCMan interface looks clean and simple the descriptions of each connection should be on the same line with the server name. This makes it difficult to see and manage two panes at once.
Remote Desktop Connection Manager (RDCMan) Alternatives:
- The Terminals remote desktop client is available on CodePlex and can be used with various networking technologies, such as Transmission Control Protocol connections and Time Sync.
- Remote Desktop Manager standard Edition by Devolutions. This edition offers Windows PowerShell support and integrates with Microsoft Azure.
- mRemoteNG can be used as an open-source project.
- MultiDesk is focused on security and allows users to connect only after they confirm a shared piece.
Remote Desktop Connection Manager allows you to access endpoints
ITarian’s Remote Monitoring & Management ( RMM) allows users to gain remote access to the computer and perform essential actions to resolve issues. The end-user can view your actions and perform any necessary operations on the endpoint while you are working with it.
Below are the key functions of ITarian’s RMM Software:
- Information about the status and updates of users’ networks and software.
- Furnishes the MSP latest activity and data
- Instantly generate tickets after problems are identified
- Monitoring the network status and health of all users.
- Track multiple clients and endpoints simultaneously
Start a remote desktop manager
- Choose ‘Remote Desktop” from the Deploy Tool drop-down menu on the left.
- The desktop of the endpoint is opened in a new tab called ‘Remote Desktop’ in the main configuration area.
- You’ll be able to take all necessary steps to fix the problem in the end.