Remote working has seen a dramatic shift in the past few years. Nowadays, nearly everyone can work remotely from anywhere and at any time. Gallup’s 2016 survey revealed that 43% have worked remotely at some point in their lives. This type of work culture is beneficial in certain situations, but you need to have a solid remote access policy to manage your remote workers.
What is the Remote Access Policy?
A remote access policy is a set of rules that outlines the procedures for accessing corporate networks, systems, and data. It is simply a list of policies and rules that govern remote access technology. Remote access policy – This is crucial for remote workers. This policy allows them to control remote workers’ access to their corporate networks and systems.
Remote Access Policy: Why?
Remote access policies should be implemented by companies that allow employees to access their networks remotely. Remote working can be dangerous because you don’t know whether the devices used by your employees to access your network or system are secure. These security flaws could eventually compromise your system and lead to a serious security breach. You could be facing a serious security breach if you don’t have a remote access policy that addresses how to secure your employees’ devices.
What should your remote access policy look like?
These are the four main components of a remote-access policy. These components will help ensure that your company is protected and secure when remote access is used. These are the following:
- Secure Employees’ Endpoint DevicesYour security standards for personal devices should be followed by your employees. If they plan to use their devices to connect to your network, you should insist that they maintain them regularly. This will prevent external malware from entering your network or system.
- You can control user accessNext, you should consider limiting the access of your network to employees when setting up your remote access policy. You should limit the time employees have access to your network remotely. Remote access should only be granted to employees who are not in the office but have to complete a task. You should also temporarily deactivate all access to your network. Keep in mind that if your network is accessible 24/7, it increases the likelihood of being attacked by online criminals.
- Users must log out at all timesRemote access should require all employees to log out immediately after they have completed their work. After 10 to 15 minutes without any response, the remote access policy administrator should immediately disable access. Remote workstations that are still connected to the company network can pose numerous threats and allow for access to important information.
- Use Remote Access Software for Secure AccessThe right remote access tool can make all the difference in your company’s security. You should make sure that you choose a remote access tool that is both secure and efficient for your company. This will give you protection from security threats beyond your walls. There are many remote access tools on the market at the moment. It is important to choose the right one for your company.ITarian Remote Access allows employees to access corporate files and data from any location. For every remote session between local and remote devices, this remote access tool uses strong encryption technology. Session confirmation technology must be used to verify that all users are authorized. This will ensure that every access to your corporate network has been authorized and authenticated. Follow these steps to download and install ITarian Remote Access.
- Launch the ITarian Remote Access website.
- Click GET NOW.
- Enter your email address.
- Click GET NOW.
- Click Save File.
- Start the setup file at your default download location.
- Accept and read the license agreement.
- Click on Install.
- Choose Launch
- ITarian Remote Access will generate an ID number as soon as it is installed.
It is essential to have a policy for remote access in place for businesses that encourage remote work. This will help prevent security incidents and open up your company’s network to greater connectivity and reach.