Windows Remote Desktop Connect or RDC is the most simple remote access solution. It’s easy to set up and use. Windows Remote Desktop has its own set of disadvantages. This guide will show you all the benefits and drawbacks of Remote Desktop on Windows 10.
What is Windows Remote Desktop Connection (or Windows Remote Desktop Connection)?
Windows Remote Desktop Connection is a Microsoft-built-in feature. This technology allows users connect to another computer via a remote or off-site device. Once the connection has been established, the user is able to access the computer remotely. He can access all files, data and apps on the remote computer from there.
Windows remote desktop manager typically authenticates the local computer before it can connect with its remote device. This is done to make sure that remote access is authorized and authenticated. This feature is disabled by default. To use remote desktop connections with Windows 10, you must turn it on first.
Remote Desktop for Windows 10: The Pros and the Cons
Windows Remote Desktop can only be used by a few people on the same network remote accessibility solutions. It’s used by almost everyone to connect to another computer. It is important to remember that Windows Remote Desktop also has its share of drawbacks. Let’s look at the pros and cons to using Windows 10 Remote Desktop.
- No Charge – The great thing about Microsoft Remote Desktop? It’s completely free. This can be a great deal for small businesses or regular users of devices. It won’t cost you any extra.
- Configured on the Same Network. Windows Remote Desktop was designed to provide remote access. It’s not enabled by default but it is very easy to activate and configure, especially if you are connecting on the same network.
- Setup Outside of Your Network It can be difficult to set up . If you plan to connect outside your network using Windows RDC then be prepared for some IT work. Windows Remote Desktop can only be used within the same network. Windows Remote Desktop can only be used on the same network. You might need to take additional steps to access Windows RDC from outside your network. You can either create a Virtual Private Network (VPN access) or expose your device to the internet directly. This is not always secure because there are many viruses and malware online.
- Not Firewall-Free – Before you can use Windows RDC you must first configure your firewall settings. You are potentially inviting hackers to your system by opening your firewall. This could put your network’s security at stake, which can in turn lead to a security breach.
Alternatives to Windows Remote Desktop
ITarian Remote Access is a great alternative to Windows Remote Desktop. This third-party software allows you to remotely access another computer securely and safely. It’s just like Microsoft Remote Desktop and is easy to install, configure, and use.
ITarian Remote Access’s main goal is to remove the requirement for physical presence in order to accomplish a task. It is also designed to give you the best remote access experience. These are some of the most notable features of ITarian Remote Access:
- Secure Remote Access This software makes sure that all sessions between local and remote computers are encrypted. This is done to ensure that confidential interactions are not leaked or exposed.
- Session confirmation ITarian Remote Access requires that users provide their login credentials before they can connect to remote devices or networks. This ensures that every access is authorized and authenticated.
- Firewall free – ITarian Remote Access eliminates the need to set up firewall settings. This gives you a more secure remote connection experience. This allows you to access remote devices from any location at any time.
- Multiscreen ITarian Remote Access lets you access endpoints with multi-monitor configurations.
- AutoUpdate This software lets you have the latest security features via its auto-update technology.
Windows Remote Desktop allows you to manage local devices and machines. It may not be the best or most secure way to access your local machines and devices outside of your network. ITarian Remote Access is a better option if you need a secure and reliable remote access tool.