Most devices support various remote controls. It can sometimes be difficult to find the right remote for your device.
Having multiple devices programmed to your Comcast Xfinity remote will help you declutter your coffee tables as you won’t need to use separate remotes for each one.
Is it possible to program a Samsung Smart TV’s Xfinity remote? Luckily, Comcast subscribers can program their remote for use on multiple devices, including a Samsung TV.
Three ways to program a Comcast/Xfinity remote on your Samsung TV
You can use any one of these methods:
Method 1: Manually entering device codes
You can find the programming code for your TV’s remote via the user manual or online. The primary code for Comcast remote programming on a Samsung TV is typically “primary code”.12051.
Other information can be found in the Comcast remote manual. These include 10812,10814 and 10766.
|Table: Listing of Xfinity/Comcast remote codes to Samsung TVs|
After you verify that you have the correct code, you can follow these steps to manually configure your Xfinity remote.
- Turn on your Comcast TV and Comcast box. You will find the Samsung TV power button in various places depending on your model. However, it is usually located on the front panel.
- Use the remote to locate and press then click here
- Hold the button down.SETUPClick the button until you see a double blinkPress the TV button until the LED light appears at the top of your remote turns green
- The key to the four-digit or five-digit code. The TV button will flash a green light twice
- Point the Xfinity remote at your TV and press the power button. If the device does not shut down, you can continue to repeat the process with any Comcast remote codes until the right one is found.
- After you have confirmed that the program has succeeded, press the buttons on the remote to confirm that they work. You can only access the remote.Basic functions remote control your TV
Method 2: Programming by automatic searching for device codes
This method does not require you to know the Samsung programming codes to sync a Comcast remote with your TV.
- Comcast TV and Comcast Box power on
- Press the button on the Xfinity remote.TVClick here
- Hold the button down.SETUPKeep pressing the key until the TV button blinks twice
- Key in9-1-1Use the remote. The TV button will flash two times
- Press1The remote can be used to access the power button then, follow by the +Click here
- Continue this process until your TV turns off.
- To save the code, press SETUP
Method 3: Programming Xfinity on Samsung TV with RF pairing
Samsung TV owners can program their Xfinity remotes with RF pairing. These steps are RF (radiofrequency):
- Make sure your remote control is turned on and functioning properly
- Power on your Samsung TV
- Hold the button downSETUPPress the button until the green light flashes.
- Use theXfinityThe remote can be accessed by pressing the button
- Use the three-digit code displayed on your screen
- By pointing your remote at the TV, and pressing any standard keys, you can confirm that the process was successful.
Why doesn’t my Xfinity remote work with my TV?
The Comcast Xfinity remote works with all Comcast TV boxes automatically. You will have to program it to work with any other TV model.
You can confirm that your Samsung TV remote has been programmed correctly by checking that it can:
- You can change the channel on your TV
- You can adjust the volume of your TV
- Turn the TV on or off
There are many reasons why your remote might not pair with your TV. There are many reasons why your remote may not work with your TV.
Here are some steps that you can take to fix this problem:
- Factory resetActivate the Xfinity remote using the SETUP button. The LED light at the top will blink twice when you press the SETUP button.
- Press release button at a time
- To view your TV box, stand in front of it. Reduce the angleBetween the TV remote and the Xfinity remote
- The Comcast Xfinity remote can be tested on different devices possible, Your Samsung TV may not be working if the device is still functioning. You can restart it by unplugging the device from the power source and waiting for about a half minute before plugging it back in.
In case the remote does not work even after trying out the above solutions, contact customer support.