Please Insert A Disk Into USB Drive – Here we can see “please insert a disk into USB drive”
4 Possible Causes for The USB Error
Most users encountered a prompt message saying “Please insert a drive into drive F”. This is a common error. After checking the Properties of your drive, both used space and free space showed “0 bytes”. This error message appears when you try to format the drive.
Let’s take a glance at why the “Please Insert a Disk into USB Drive” Errors occurred during using the USB flash drive on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
Here are four reasons you would like to understand, subsequently avoid such errors again in the future.
- USB drive attempts to urge drive letters already assigned to a special partition.
- USB drive corrupted by a viral infection or other factors.
- Your PC controller didn’t load the firmware of the USB drive successfully.
- The USB drive wasn’t increased by Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista.
After knowing the causes, then we will follow the below solutions to offer a try.
Also, check out WhatsApp and WHO’s “Vaccines For All” Sticker Pack
7 Best Solutions to repair “Please Insert Disk into Removable Disk” Error
Solution 1: Change Drive Letter and Paths
- Log in to the account with administrative privileges.
- Plug-in USB flash drive within the USB port.
- Go to My Computer or This PC > Manage > Disk Management.
- Right-click USB flash drive and choose Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- You can change the drive letter to a letter that is not assigned to your drive (e.g. U: or Y (drive letter not assigned on Windows ).
Solution 2: Insert the USB Drive before Windows Start
Attention: Make sure the USB drive is not set due to the priority boot device. This could cause Windows to hang when you log in. If Windows hangs, you can remove the USB drive and re-insert it when Windows starts.
Solution 3: Cool and warmth the USB Drive
- Insert USB drive to PC and use a hairdryer to heat the USB.
- Allow the USB drive to cool down for at least 2 minutes. Then, remove it and insert it again a few more times. You should now be able to access your files.
- If this fails, you can take your USB drive out and put it in a collapsible for a few seconds. Then insert the USB drive again and try the above procedure. Check to see if it still works.
Don’t worry if the above solutions fail to solve the “Please insert disk into USB drive error” problem. The third-party file recovery software will still be able to recover your important data.
Solution 4: Recover Data using Bitwar Data Recovery
Bitwar Data Recovery Software is free software that can recover files and save time. It is easy to retrieve deleted files using the software.
Download the software from the official site and then install it on your computer. Follow these steps to retrieve files from inaccessible USB flash drives.
Step 1.Choose the drive or device where you want to retrieve your data.
Step 2. __S.40__Choose a recovery mode, and then choose the target file types to be recovered (e.g. document or photo
Step 3.After scanning and previewing the information, hit the Recover button to save it to different devices or partitions.
After you have saved the files, you can start to find quick solutions. To make the USB flash drive or SD card visible on your computer again, first insert a disk in a USB drive using Windows 10, 8, 7.
Solution 5: Format USB Drive
- Insert the USB drive into the pc and right-click My Computer or This PC, and choose Manage
- Go to Disk Management
- Right-click on your USB drive and click on Format
- Use the correct filing system and enter the new USB drive name within the Volume Label. Click OK once done.
Also, see: Windows 10’s Default Gateway is not available
Solution 6: Diskpart
Search in the Start Menu search box and type cmd for prompt. Right-click on the prompt and select Run as administrator Within the prompt Window, enter the following commands and click on Enter to complete each one:
- list disk
- select disk X (x is that the drive number assigned to your USB drive)
- create partition primary
- Select partition 1
- format fs=fat32
Solution 7: Manufacturer’s Repair Utility
Many USB Manufacturer websites provide repair utilities that can help users fix the error “Please insert a disk into your drive”. These utilities include web connectivity and the propriety algorithm.
Please insert a disk into the hard disc that occurs on a USB flash drive and can also happen during using an SD memory card or external disk drive, though we hope that the solutions mentioned above can help solve your problems.
If you have a drag that USB drive says no media in disk management, attempt to follow the tutorial to repair the error and use Bitwar Data Recovery Software to recover your files.