MOV is a multimedia format that stores video and audio content, such as music and movies. It was developed by Apple and is the default format on Mac computers and iOS devices like iPads and iPhones.
There are many ways to view most video, audio, and text content on your Windows 10 device. However, you might need to use specific video player software to view your.MOV files. You can use the following programs:
QuickTime can play MOV files automatically, as well as other file types. This is Windows Media Player for macOS. This software is used by most Mac users to play audio and MOV videos.
Can you play MOV files with QuickTime on Windows 10 Yes? You will need to download QuickTime for Windows 10 and install it first then play MOV files through these steps:
- Find the MOV file that you want to open
- Right-click it and select open with QuickTime Player
- Wait for the file to load before you start playing it
- On your computer, go to start Menu>ProgrammesScroll down to the QuickTime app
- To open the software, click on it
- On QuickTime, go toDo does not forget to save>Open. Browse for the MOV file that you want to play.
QuickTime is a MOV file player. It also allows you to edit files. You can convert files to MP4 or other formats using the program.
Can you play MOV files with Windows Media Player?
Although Windows Media Player comes installed on your PC, most versions are not compatible with MOV content, except version 12. The version can be checked by:
- Then, open theWMP appPressAlt + H
- SelectWindows Media player from the following list
- If your version begins with a 12, it will play the MOV files. Otherwise, you’ll need to either update it or find another compatible tool.
If the applications are compatible:
- Go toDo does not forget to save>Open
- Click to identify the MOV file, and then click to open.
- If you right-click the file, select “Open from my computer”, Get in touch with us choose Windows Media Player
Install the MOV codec on Windows 10 if you are unable to upgrade to an older version of Windows Media Player. This allows you to play the files.
VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is an open-source program. It supports many audio and video file types in Windows, Mac, and Linux. You can also convert file formats without losing quality.
To play MOV files using VLC:
- Download VLC, install and open the program
- Click hereMedia>Open file to get started
It can also be used as a MOV-to-MP4 converter, as shown below:
- Go to the address in the program.Menü>ConvertOrSave
- ChooseAddSelect the MOV file that you want to convert
- Choose a destination folder, and then change the name of the file.Target FileSection
- Go toProfilChoose your renamed folder and click “Next”
- To convert it, hit the start button. Once the conversion is complete, you can play the file.
To convert your file to an easier-to-use format, you can use several other trusted conversion programs.
Installing a codec package
Another way of playing your MOV files on Windows 10 is by downloading and installing the missing codecs.
Some common codecs that are used by most people includeCCCPAndK-Lite. You should be aware that not all codec packs are 100% safe for your device.
Another option is to convert MOV files into Windows Media Player compatible formats like MP4 or MP3. These formats are ideal as they can be used with virtually all audio and video players.
Notification: If your MOV file is not opening on any of these programs, or if you have issues with it while you are playing, it may be corrupt. You will need an efficient repair tool.
QuickTime, Windows Media Player, or VLC are the best ways to play MOV files under Windows 10. Windows Media Player version 12 or higher is required if you use it.