Sky TV remotes are among the most reliable remotes, both in terms of quality and functionality. It can also fail, as with all remotes.
A faulty remote control on your Sky TV is the most frustrating thing. You have two options: send your Sky TV remote to an authorized Sky Tv repair dealer or purchase a new one.
These two options can be expensive so you might want to explore other options as well. This is a step-by-step guide to how to fix your Sky TV remote.
Before you follow these steps, make sure your TV is properly connected to an HDMI/Video channel, or AV.
Solution 1: Make sure you have enough batteries
Your remote may stop working if it has low batteries. It’s not difficult to check the battery status. It’s simple:
- If the batteries don’t power the remote, you will need to make further diagnostics.
- If the batteries are not working, it is time to replace them. Verified dealers are the best to source your batteries.
Sometimes it can be difficult to distinguish drained batteries and a malfunctioning remote.
The batteries may have run out if the Sky remote does not work but the red light does.
Solution 2: Clean the remote
Next, clean your remote. Your Sky remote buttons can be affected by dirt.
Sky Q remotes are exempted from the cleaning procedures.
- First, take out the batteries from the Sky remote.
- Use a cotton swab that has been soaked in water to clean the buttons.
- You can repeat the process for any other dirt areas.
- Open the Sky remote to check if the volume is not working.
To avoid further damage, only clean the Sky remote with a damp cotton swab. This video will show you how to clean the Sky remote.
Solution 3: Reset your Sky Box and remote
Although it is technically difficult, you can reset the SkyBox and remote. Before you reset the box or the remote, make sure to first connect the Sky remote with SkyBox.
Follow this procedure if you’re unable to sync your two devices.
- For approximately five seconds, hold down the on/off button on your Sky Box for continuous pressing.
- The red light will change to green after five seconds.
- The box will then shut off and restart.
- You will need to wait another 60 seconds before Sky Box takes you back to the channel that you were watching before the reboot.
The remote might not work after you reset the SkyBox.
For further assistance, contact Sky Support Team.
Fixed Sky remote not working problem?
These three solutions worked well for most people who faced this problem. You don’t need to purchase a new remote.
If you still have trouble watching your favorite channel, take out all electronics that could interfere with the remote signal reception. Most Sky remotes, even Sky Q remotes, can be repaired, contrary to popular belief.
These methods worked for you? Are you able to suggest a different solution? Please let us know your thoughts in the comments below.