Walmart launched Onn Roku TV in 2019 as part of its Black Friday promotion.
Although the TV is new to the market, there has been a lot of excitement. Customers who are fed up with the older TV models may now be interested in purchasing the Roku smart TV.
However, activating an Onn TV via the Roku streaming service will be a different experience with this in-built Roku streaming device. Don’t worry! Here’s a step-by-step guide to setting up your smart TV and activating Roku to stream.
How do you set up your Onn Roku TV TV?
The next step after purchasing an Onn Roku TV is to set it all up.
First, you will need to know a few things:
- Your Onn Roku smart TV
- A TV stand (comes along with the box) and a wall bracket
- The box includes a remote control for your TV.
- An internet connection that is reliable and fast
- Computer, smartphone, tablet, or iPad
- A few tools for work (screwdriver, screwdriver, etc.).
To avoid making any mistakes, it is a good idea to consult your Onn Roku TV manual before you start setting up.
These are the requirements that you need to start the setup process.
- Mount the TV on a wall or screw the TV stand to it
- Connect the TV to a power outlet
- Verify that your internet connection works.
- Take out your Onn Roku TV remote control and replace the batteries. The remote control buttons can now be used to familiarize you.
- Roku Smart TV powered by Power
- Follow the prompts on the screen to choose the language, region (location), and where you’ll use the TV (home or in a shop).
- After you have completed the initial setup, connect your Onn Roku TV with the internet. For Ethernet use the cable located at the back of the TV.
- A list of wireless networks will be displayed to enable wireless connections. Choose your network and enter the password with the remote.
- If you have an internet connection, the software update process will start. The latest software will then be downloaded and installed.
Wait for the update process to finish. After the update is complete, your TV will automatically restart after it has been set up.
How to activate Onn Roku TV
Once you have completed the Onn Roku TV setup, it is time to activate your TV to access Roku or other channels. Here’s how it works:
- After your TV has completed the software update, it will display an activation screen. You will see the following: Code activation you will need to complete the entire process.
- Go toRoku.com/linkUse your smartphone or PC browser
- Use the link code(activation code on your TV screen).
- If your code is correct, you’ll be taken to a Roku Log-in page. Here you can sign in to Roku. You will need to create an account if you don’t already have one.
- After you log in to your account, Complete the billing process select the channels that you wish to add to your TV.
- The TV will automatically update.
- Wait for the update process to finish. Navigate to the TV’s home screen, click channels, and then you can stream your favorite shows.
If this doesn’t work, here’s a Roku link code troubleshooting guide that should come in handy.
Is Onn Roku TV a great brand?
Onn Roku TV is new and you may have concerns about it. Customers are also concerned about the fact that it’s a budget TV, which is much cheaper. This is not always true.
Onn Roku is a brand of Walmart, a reliable consumer goods brand. It is still a good TV, even though it may not be as expensive as some other brands. It has decent sound and picture quality.
The interface allows you to access all Roku channels and is easy to use. It is also affordable, making it an excellent choice for those who don’t want to spend a lot.
Onn Roku TV offers a great option for those looking for an affordable entertainment system. You can access Roku streaming services from your smart TV without the need for an additional cable box.
These instructions will assist you in setting up and activating your TV if you already own one of these TVs.