Alternatively, you can unplug it from the outlet. After waiting approximately 15 seconds, plug it back into the electrical outlet.
Finally, push the Power button on your receiver to reboot the device.
Your remote may be having trouble changing channels, access guides, menus, or lists.
Here’s how to troubleshoot your DirecTV remote.
Resetting the remote is another option.
Next, press any buttons you wish to check if the remote works again. You can also fix other errors in DirecTV code 614 by pressing the buttons again.
Troubleshooting sound problems on DirecTV
These methods can be used to troubleshoot DirecTV’s sound problems:
- Use your remote to press INFO.
- Highlight the Audio/Video option in the info bar.
- Choose English Dolby Audio
If you’re listening to Secondary Audio Programming Dolby Audio, the above solution will work. It will switch to the primary languages and allow the device’s audio to be produced.
You can also try pressing the Volume Up button on the remote to troubleshoot the problem. If this doesn’t work, check the audio/video cables to make sure they aren’t loose.
If you are having problems with sound synchronization, you can change the channels.
How to pair and program a DirecTV remote
Programming the DirecTV remote is necessary before you can connect it. This is how to program a DirecTV universal remote that connects to an HD receiver or HDDVR.
- Press the Menu button on your remote.
- Choose Parental Favorites & Setup.
- Select System Setup.
- Choose Remote or Remote Control.
- Choose Remote Program.
- Select the device that you wish the remote control to work with. To complete the process, follow the prompts on the screen.
How to fix DirecTV error codes
DirecTV may have several errors. If this happens, scroll down and find the error on your TV. Then follow the steps we provide.
1. Error code 775
DirecTV error code 775 means that there has been an interruption between the receiver’s satellite dish and the receiver. To fix the problem, you can check your receiver connections.
- All connections must be secured to the receiver’s back, beginning with the SAT/IN cable.
- After removing the SWiM Power Insertor from the outlet, wait 15 seconds and then plug it back in.
If the above does not work, consider contacting customer support to schedule a service call.
2. Error code 771
If you see Error Code 771 in DirecTV it means that your dish isn’t communicating with the satellite. This is how to fix it.
- Move to the back of your receiver.
- You must ensure that all cables are secured.
- Secure the SAT/IN cable and inspect any loose adaptors.
- Unplug your SWiM power iner that is attached to the DirecTV cable.
- Wait for 15 seconds.
- It can be plugged back in. Make sure to not plug the SWiM power injector into a power outlet you cannot turn off.
You should be able to see your satellite dish from outside.
3. Error code 615
DirecTV error code 615 is caused by a connection problem. It is when your equipment stops communicating with the primary Genie receiver.
This can happen if you have replaced the Genie DVR, or if the wireless video bridge is losing power or is restarting.
Here’s what you should do:
- When an error occurs, your TV screen will display prompts.
- These are the steps to fixing the problem.
- You can also hit the Reset button to reset the receiver or wireless bridge.
- Make sure that all cables are securely fastened to the receiver.
After pressing the red Reset button, allow your device to reconfigure for up to ten mins.
4. Error code 927
When downloading On-demand movies and shows, you will get an error of 927. This error can be fixed by deleting the recording and redownloading it.
Contact a support agent if you are still experiencing the same problem.
5. Error code 928
If your wireless video bridge stops working properly, error code 928 is a warning. Resetting your Genie receiver’s connection can fix this problem.
- Press the red reset button on your Genie receiver.
- Allow the system to restart for up to ten seconds.
The system will be ready when you see the two green lights. Turn on your TV and you can continue to watch content.
6. Error code 936
Contact customer service to resolve error code 936 on DirecTV. It is a technical issue so please call 800.288.2020.
You can also reach the service on social media or initiate an online chat through its website. If you receive error code 931, do the same.
7. Error code 86
Error code 85 means that you cannot connect to the internet. Many DirecTV codes can be used to troubleshoot internet connectivity problems.
- The router has been turned off.
- The router is not working properly.
- The router and receiver failed to connect.
- Despite network connectivity, you do not have an internet connection.
- There is a problem configuring the router or receiver network settings.
After trying the above solutions, DirecTV may not connect. You will need to reset your receiver settings. Navigate to Menu > Settings and Help > Internet Setup > Advanced Settings > Reset Network.
Re-enter network settings after you have completed the above steps. The following steps will allow you to reconnect your DirecTV HDDVR to the Internet:
- Press the Menu button on your remote.
- Select Reconnect Now under Settings
Follow the prompts and select YES.
8. Error code 612
If DirecTV equipment has trouble communicating with the Genie receiver it will give error codes 611, 612, or 613. There are several ways to troubleshoot it.
- To fix the problem, follow the instructions on the TV screen.
- The red reset button is located on the backside of the receiver.
Resetting your device will resolve many problems and allow you to watch content.
9. Error code 750
DirecTV Code 750 is an error that indicates that DirecTV’s Service Not Active status is not correct. This error occurs when you try to access HD content for viewing OTA channels.
HD access is the only way to fix it. You can reset your receiver if you make a mistake.
DirecTV error codes are used to identify the cause of most errors. You will be able to identify the root cause of any DirecTV error code.
This will allow you to quickly fix the problem using the instructions in this DirecTV troubleshooting manual. If you don’t see the error code, and there is no way to fix it, please contact customer service for assistance.