Are your office and home Wi-Fi networks being used by multiple devices?
If you’re using an older router, too many connections can overload it and cause some devices to lose connection.
Technically, routers older than five years can only support three connections. Few routers can handle multiple connections at once.
You can avoid internet problems by using the best Wi-Fi router to connect multiple devices at your office or home.
Wireless routers can only handle more traffic when they have many channels that allow for fast and seamless data transfer. It can be difficult to choose the right Wi-Fi router that will work with multiple devices.
Many of these units are equipped with advanced technologies, words, and features like MU–MIMO, MIMO. There are some things that you need to consider when looking for the best unit.
Consider these things when selecting a router to support multiple devices
These are the factors to consider when shopping for the best router that can be used with multiple devices.
- Dual-Band-Connectivity The router should have at least two radio bands, 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. This device allows you to surf the internet in the lowest band while streaming movies in the highest. Some devices have tri-band connectivity, with one radio band of 2.4GHz and two of 5GHz.
- Quality of Service A router that can handle multiple devices and ranges with QoS. It can monitor and control the traffic that a device is sending to your office or home. It will allow you to identify which application requires better connectivity.
- Supported Technology – Make sure you look for units that support multiple technologies such as beamforming, MIMO, beamforming, and tri-band connectivity. These technologies are crucial in ensuring that the router offers better signals and speeds on all connected devices.
1. Google Nest WiFi Router (3 pack) – best overall
The Google Nest WiFi Router offers reliable and fast wireless coverage in a defined area. It is perfect for smart homes that have multiple internet-enabled devices. This unit is useful for homeowners who want to eliminate buffering issues from connected devices.
Security is one of the key features that make the Nest the best router to connect many devices. WPA3 encryption makes it more difficult to crack Wi-Fi passwords. The Nest is small in size but can cover up to 2200 square feet.
It has the following features, which make it a great unit for wireless needs:
- You can have two Ethernet ports for double the internet speed
- Wireless AC and MIMO WiFi technologies
- 11ac connectivity using 2.4GHz or 5GHz channels
- Beamforming support with 2×2 or 4X4 antennas
- The quad-core quad-core processor at 4GHz with 1GB RAM and 4GB Flash memory
- It allows parents to grant parental permissions, allowing them to set screen times, manage screens and limit certain content.
- It’s easy to set up and install a network
- Automatic updates allow for better security and the addition of new features automatically.
- It also comes with Google Assistant voice technology
- The USB port is not available on the unit.
- To access advanced system settings, you will need to use a separate app
The Google Nest WiFi is a quad-band AC2200 router that can handle multiple devices in a home. It has a maximum data rate of 400Mbps on channel 2.4GHz and 1,700Mbps on channel 5.
2. 3. TP-Link DecoM5 Whole-Home Wi-Fi System (3-pack).
The TP-Link Deco M5 router can provide a wireless internet connection in all areas of your home.
The M5 router is a top choice for multiple devices, offering better coverage, security, and loads of features. It can connect up to 100 devices in a space as big as 5,500 square feet.
The top features of the vehicle include:
- Intelligent routing technology that automatically determines the fastest route to all devices.
- Web-filtering and options for internet usage control
- Quad-core CPU
- Two LAN/WAN Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Four internal antennas
- 11 ac connectivity in 5 GHz or 2.4GHz bands
- Signal rate of 400Mbps at 2.4GHz and 867Mbps at 5GHz
- Its QoS allows you to prioritize internet traffic for different applications
- The flexible placement allows for better coverage in a space
- Fast and reliable internet connection with speeds up to 1,267Mbps
- The Deco app is easy to set up
- There is no dedicated backhaul band
- It does not have a web interface
If you are looking for a router that offers MU-MIMO technology and beamforming as well as WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK wireless security, the TP-Link DecoM5 Whole-Home Wi-Fi system is your best choice.
3. NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S smart WiFi router (R8000P).
Because of its superior wireless speed, coverage, and features, the NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S is a top-rated Wi-Fi router that can be used for multiple devices and gaming.
This unit has an AC400 Tri-band wireless speed of up to 4,000Mbps. It’s faster than its rivals. It offers greater connectivity to 55 devices and 3.500-square-foot room coverage.
Its greatest features include:
- 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 1 x 3.0 USB ports and 1 x 2.
- Dual-core 1.8GHz processor
- Six amplified antennas
- Beamforming, MU-MIMO, and Smart Connect technologies
- Amazon Alexa voice controls
- The WPA2 wireless security protocols of the router ensure secure and safe connections
- The device’s tri-band streaming ensures fast, reliable Wi-Fi
- This is ideal for heavy-duty activities such as online gaming with multiple players and streaming 4K-UHD.
- Provides higher QoS to reduce interference and maximize speed
- It doesn’t isolate guest networks from private ones
- As you add devices, it tends to lose connections
If you are looking for a home router that can provide excellent throughput on all channels, bands, and has better signal strength and range, the NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S may be the right choice.
4. TP-Link Archer A20 AC4000 Smart Wi-Fi Router
The TP-Link Archer A20 router is worth looking at if you want speed and power, as well as a router that can manage multiple connections simultaneously. The device delivers speeds up to 700 Mbps on 2.4GHz bands and 1,600Mbps on 5GHz bands.
This means that you can use the unit for heavy-duty tasks like streaming 4K video and gaming. It also has built-in security tools that will ensure secure and reliable connections. The unit’s most notable features include:
- 8 GHz 64-bit CPU with three co-processors, 512 MB RAM, and three co-processors
- MU-MIMO technology allows you to connect more devices simultaneously
- Technology to increase range for long-range coverage
- Four LAN and one WAN Gigabit ports
- 11a/b/g/n/ac and 802.3ab connectivity
- It’s easy to set up, configure, and manage the device.
- Fast file transfer speeds
- This product comes with enhanced security features such as malicious content filtering, intrusion prevention system, and intrusion prevention.
- Its QoS prioritizes applications and devices for faster performance
- As more devices join the network, it can slow down.
The TP-Link AC4000 tri-band router is an excellent choice. It offers faster file transfer speeds and better throughput.
5. D-Link AC3000 Wi-Fi Router
D-Link AC3000 is a tri-band wireless router that homeowners can use to stream multiple streaming devices and provide advanced malware protection.
The router can deliver speeds up to 400 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band, and 866 + 1733 Mbps in each of the five GHz bands. You can stream HD video and gaming at the fastest speeds possible thanks to its speed. It can be used to connect up to four wired devices, and multiple devices using its MU/MIMO technology.
Its key features include:
- Advanced Wi-Fi Mesh
- Alexa voice assistant, and Google assistant
- High-power 880 MHz dual-core processor
- Antivirus protection built-in
- Tri-Band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz, 5. GHz-1, and 5 GHz-2
- 11a/b/g/n/ac Connectivity
- It provides enhanced parental control via profile-based features
- D-Link Wi-Fi App is easy to install and use for management
- Provides future-ready and dynamic mesh network capabilities
- To offer faster speeds, all ports are equipped with a 1GB line speed
- Its web interface and mobile app have few features that allow for easier device management
The D-Link AC3000 router is the best choice if you are looking for a router that can manage multiple devices and optimizes features that make configuring mesh Wi-Fi easier.
Get the latest price on Amazon
You can choose to buy either a dual-band or a tri-band Wi-Fi router if you want the best for multiple devices.
You should be able to support more than 50 devices, and each one will get a faster internet connection. You should also look for units that offer advanced security features, faster connections, and enhanced parental control.