Morpheus TV, an on-demand mobile application that offers a vast library of movies and TV shows, is Morpheus TV. You will find the best streams through the app’s stable and high-quality scrapers.
Morpheus TV is a lightweight, efficient app that saves you time and maximizes your resources. It offers outstanding performance and a user-friendly interface.
But from time to time, you may encounter a situation where Morpheus TV not working when streaming videos.
There are several reasons why Morpheus TV doesn’t work as it should. You are using an old version of the app.
Second, the slowdown is caused by old data in the app’s cache and package folders. You could also have a network problem that is causing buffering.
How to fix Morpheus TV that isn’t working
You can fix Morpheus TV’s problems if it stops working or isn’t responding.
These steps will help you fix any errors in the streaming app.
1. Update your version of Morpheus TV
Morpheus TV could stop working if you’re using an older version of the app. You may not be able to stream movies from the older version.
You can fix this error by checking if a newer version is available. If available, consider updating your app. If Morpheus isn’t updating, you can uninstall the app and then install it again.
Other problems can be fixed by updating the app. If Trakt TV is not connecting, it could be because you are using an incompatible version. Trakt allows you to keep track of the TV shows and movies that you are interested in.
To automate everything, the application can be integrated with Morpheus TV. We have created a detailed guide for installing and using Trakt.tv on Kodi and other media centers.
Morpheus TV crashes on Android – you should update it. If you download it incorrectly, the app may also crash. To fix the problem, you will need to reinstall the app.
This is how you do it:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Applications or Application Manager
- Scroll down to find the Morpheus TV App
- Click on Uninstall
After uninstalling the app, download it from a trusted source and then reinstall it. This option should resolve all crashing issues.
2. 2. Verify your network connectivity
If Morpheus TV buffers it is a sign that your network connection is poor. This could also indicate that your internet speed is too slow to stream a movie.
To stream videos on Morpheus, you need to have a minimum speed at 3mbps.
Make sure your router isn’t blocking torrents
These are the steps to follow:
- Log in to router console
- Find anything that is related to URL or IP blocking under Network Settings
- Verify if any URL is blocked
- All blocked URLs and IP addresses can be unblocked
Learn more: Learn how to stream even with slow internet
Use a VPN service
The Morpheus TV App fetches content from multiple sources. You may experience buffering issues streaming if the sources are not accessible.
To get around this problem, you can use a VPN service.
Clear cache and delete data
Clearing the cache and data from the Morpheus TV App is a good idea if your network is stable. The app will be refreshed if the data is cleared.
After you have completed the step, go back to the app and watch a video of the changes.
3. 3.Fix the Morpheus TV error “no data/links not available”
Streaming videos via the MorpheusTV app can result in the No Data or Links Not Available error. The error is usually caused by three main reasons.
- You do not have any streaming options for the video that you are watching
- The app cannot find the correct video sources
- You want to access content that is geographically restricted
There is no way to fix streaming issues if they are not available. You can only try again until you find a new streaming source.
Use a VPN service if Morpheus TV cannot access the correct sources. The third problem can be fixed by the same service.
VPN services are able to resolve any connection issues.
4. Make sure you use the correct DNS
The problem with the Morpheus TV App is that it doesn’t seem to work after these fixes. It could be because you have the wrong DNS.
To avoid DNS leaks, you need to use a private DNS server. If you use a VPN service, this step is critical.
To change the DNS entries on your device, follow these steps.
- Go to Settings
- Use Wi-Fi to connect
- Connected Network – Long press
- Click on Manage Network Settings
- Click on Show advanced
- Select static as your IP type in the IP Settings menu. Static means that your IP will never change
- Add DNS server entries at 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124
Save your changes and then restart your device. To check if there have been any changes, you should open the Morpheus TV App.
5. Not finding sources
Streaming can be frustrating if Morpheus TV doesn’t find sources. This issue can be fixed by changing the settings in the app.
- Enable Verify Sources. This option will prevent the app from fetching dead links. The scrapping process will take longer if you enable this option.
- Increase the timeout for Verify to 10 seconds
- Change the stream providers under the Providers tab by enabling all. All of these providers will be retrieved by the app.
You can enable the option in Torrents if you enjoy torrents of TV and movies. Morpheus TV usually fetches your content via Torrents.
6. Other fixes
You can fix most errors in the Morpheus TV App by making sure you have certain settings. These are the Morpheus TV settings.
- Sources– Allow the app to automatically select sources. This option allows you to instantly play movies. The app will not play TV shows if it cannot find reliable sources. If there are no links, you can disable the option. Uncheck verify sources to enable you to play videos with just one tap.
- Subtitles– Disable subtitles if you don’t want them. Sometimes subtitles might not match the videos being viewed.
- Providers – Consider disabling 123yts
- PlayerThis option will change the buffer size to 60 seconds. If buffering is persistent due to network problems, you can change it to 10 seconds.
Filtering sources by provider, size, quality or website should be considered.
This guide should have helped you fix the Morpheus TV error. This error can happen anytime you stream a video via the app.
The error can be caused by network problems or outdated versions of the app. Contact the support team if you have any other issues not listed in this guide.