Mirroring media from your Windows 10 computer or laptop to an LG smart TV screen that has wireless capability can be made easy if you have one. SmartShare is available on your LG TV to make this possible.
This allows you to play music and movies on your computer, without having to transfer them to a DVD or flash drive.
It may seem simple to share your Windows 10 computer with an LG smart TV screen. The process can be error-prone.
Sometimes, the connection might not work properly due to several reasons.
LG Smart TV Screen Sharing may not work with Windows 10 due to problems with your WiFi, or if both devices aren’t connected to the same WiFi network.
You can resolve most connectivity issues by deleting any previous pairing between your LG smart TV, Windows 10 device, and the LG smart television. However, you will need to take additional steps to make sure each problem is addressed.
How to correctly mirror Windows 10 to LG Smart TV
You can mirror your Windows 10 device to an LG smart TV with just a few clicks if you have an internet connection.
Screen mirroring is mostly applicable to the latest Windows 10 computer models and may not work for older models.
These steps are required to enable screen mirroring:
- Make sure that the LG smart TV’s WIFI has been turned on
- Open the action center notification panel on your PC or laptop.
- Navigate to display settings, and click “Connect to wireless display”
- Click on the name of your smart TV to connect
- After this, all media you have played on your Windows 10 computer will automatically be transferred to your LG smart television.
- Click on the Disconnect option at the top to end the mirroring session
Notice: Your internet connection strength is a key factor in the connection between your computer, LG smart TV, and your computer. For more efficient performance, ensure that your TV and computer are connected to the same wireless network.
What happens if I don’t have a WiFi signal?
Consider purchasing a WIFI USB device if you don’t have WIFI enabled on your Windows 10 computer.
An HDMI cable is required to cast your computer’s screen to a smart television. I recommend the TP-Link AC600.
You have two options to connect your Windows 10 computer and an LG Smart TV:
- Use the project feature on your LG smart TV to mirror your entire computer, in the same manner, you would connect it to a projector. You can select to duplicate or expand your computer screen depending on your preference. You can play the media on your computer but the display will be on your smart TV.
- Casting to the LG smart television allows you to play media files directly from your computer.
How to fix LG Smart Screen Sharing issues
To fix the LG Smart TV screen sharing problems, you don’t need technical skills.
These steps will resolve screen mirroring problems if you can do basic troubleshooting.
1. Check the smart TV input
You should first check that your TV is set up for mirroring.
Mirroring your screen may be difficult if the input is set up to an HDMI source. The settings menu allows you to change the input for your TV.
2. 2. Disconnect all other devices
If your Windows 10 laptop or Windows 10 PC still doesn’t connect to the LG TV, make sure you unplug any other devices from the TV. Screen mirroring devices typically only allow one device to be used at a given time.
If you attempt to connect multiple devices simultaneously, it is possible to fail to establish a connection between the computer and your LG TV.
3. Restart your devices
A minor software problem may occur on your Windows 10 computer that makes it impossible to mirror it to your LG smart television. The problem can be fixed by restarting your computer.
To test if your smart TV works, simply reboot it. Rebooting your smart TV can also help to resolve connectivity issues.
To turn your LG TV off and on again, use the remote control or button on your TV.
4. Eliminate obstacles to wireless connectivity
SmartShare relies on your wireless connection for its operation. If there are any issues with your connection, it could cause problems.
This could be a sign that you need to disconnect other devices from your network before mirroring your Windows 10 computer’s screen.
Also, make sure your WIFI router is functioning properly. Reboot it to see if the problem is solved.
How to fix: Screen Share keeps disconnecting
You can connect your smartphone, tablet, or computer to your LG smart TV using the LG Screen Share program.
After you have established a connection between your device and your LG smart TV, the TV icon should appear under the Devices and Printers section of your computer.
Screen Share may disconnect at times, even if you have followed the correct connection procedures.
These steps will help you to fix the problem if it occurs.
- Disconnect your TV and internet
- Your Windows 10 computer must be turned off
- Restart your smart TV
- Start the Screen Share program, and then leave it on for a while
- Connect your TV to the Internet
- Turn on your Windows 10 computer and connect to your LG TV once more
These steps can be used to fix any screen mirroring issues on LG TVs.
You can use a third-party mirroring service to establish a connection between the LG smart TV and your Windows 10 computer if Screen Share or Screen Mirroring continues to cause problems.