Do you get tired of switching between remote controls? There are many devices that you can use to enjoy your entertainment today: TV, cable box and DVD, VCR, home theater, etc.
Each controller comes with its own controller and it can be tedious to switch between them. What if all these devices could be controlled from one unit? The Magnavox universal remote can do this.
The Philips Magnavox universal remote is a popular choice. It’s easy to program. It’s also very functional and easy to use, making it ideal for all your entertainment systems.
Here’s a detailed explanation of how to program it for your device.
How do I program Magnavox remotes?
You have two options:
- Use the Philips Magnavox remote codes
- Use the code search method.
Here is a detailed explanation for each method:
1. Using the Magnavox universal remote codes (direct code entry)
Follow these steps to program your remote control.
- Turn on the TV or other entertainment device, then verify that the remote is working. Check that no other entertainment devices have been turned on.
- Press and hold simultaneously the TV and the SEL buttons on the controller for three seconds until they light up. (Replace the TV button with the DVD/AUX or CBS/CATV for cable boxes or VCR depending upon the device).
- Enter the Philips Magnavox TV Code or another corresponding code for your device
- To store the code, press the TV button or the corresponding buttons
The remote can now be programmed into your entertainment system. It can be used to adjust the volume or change the channel or turn it on or off.
2. 2. Use the auto search option (code look)
What happens if you don’t have the codes required for Magnavox TV? Don’t worry. You can still program your controller by using the code search option.
Here’s how it works:
- Program the device and ensure that no other entertainment system or devices are on it.
- Verify that the batteries are charged by the remote.
- Point the remote at your device, and simultaneously press the TV (or other buttons for your system), and the SEL button until the TV lights up.
- To enter the code search mode, press the power button
- Continue pressing the CH+/CH- button repeatedly (waiting for a few seconds after each press) until the channel changes (Notice: This works for TVs, streaming boxes, and other devices that allow you to change channels. You can hold the power button for DVDs or other auxiliary systems until the device is turned off. (
You know the correct code when the device switches channels or turns off.
To save the code, press the appropriate device button (TV/DVD/AUX, CBS/CATV, CBS/CATV for Cable Box, or VCR).
List of remote codes for Philips Magnavox
To program a controller, you’ll need to enter the Magnavox universal remote 4-digit codes (some devices may have 3 or 5 codes). This will allow you to set the frequency for your receiver.
These codes are:
Magnavox TV codes to use with remotes
Magnavox DVD codes
Magnavox VCR codes
Magnavox remote codes for cable boxes
Some codes work on all devices. Others are only compatible with a specific device. You can also search for Magnavox remote codes specific to your device if the above fails.
Are you tired of all your remote controls? You can get rid of all your remote controls and replace them with Magnavox remote controls.
You can program your remote to operate on your TV, cable box, and DVD players. This guide will show you how to program your Magnavox universal remotely.