You can install multiple apps on your LG Smart TV for different purposes. You can download streaming apps to watch TV shows and movies.
However, there may be several LG smart TV apps that do not work during normal usage. These problems can include the inability to install the app or not being able to run any previously installed apps.
You need to find a quick solution when this happens. There are many ways to fix LG Smart TV apps that don’t work.
Here are some examples.
How to fix LG Smart Tv Apps Not Working
The following steps can be used to fix LG Smart TV apps that keep closing down, don’t open, won’t load, or respond.
1. Fix unable to run apps
Most people have trouble running apps. These may include YouTube, Netflix, among others. This can be fixed by:
- Verify network connections your network is experiencing problems, LG Content Store apps might not work. Smart TVThis will fix the problem. Make sure Wi-Fi and wired connections are turned on to fix the problem. Reinstall the app if you don’t have network problems.
- You can check your region settings here: LG may refuse to load certain apps in some cases due to your Smart TV’s regional settings. This problem is most common with premium apps such asNetflixYouTube and YouTube. Accessing an app from a different region will cause authentications to fail within the app as well as the Content Store.
Go to Region Settings on WebOS to change your location.
2. Fix unable to install apps
Only apps can be installed on Smart TVs from the LG Content Store. They may not be available in the store so you might not be able to install them.
Consider changing your country of service in this instance.
You may also be prevented from installing apps by network settings. To install certain apps, you will need a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.
Your TV does not support apps so you are unable to install them.
LGE’s internal policy states that premium apps and content may be different depending on the country and model of the Smart TV.
3. Unable to run previously installed apps
Accessing the Content Store may not be a problem. You can access the Content Store even if you have just installed new apps.
But if you cannot run previously installed apps, you need to update apps on LG Smart TV.
If an app isn’t up-to-date, it may stop working. It is possible to update it and get a new copy with all the latest security features and functionality.
You can delete an app that has been updated and reinstall it if you have problems.
4. Fix LG Content Store not working
You may experience problems accessing certain apps through the LG Content Store. You can fix the problem by:
- Change the DNS to 188.8.131.52 on the TV, and then connect to the router
- Reboot your TV hard
Unplugging your TV and finding the power button will allow you to reboot it. Hold the power button down for approximately 20 seconds, then wait for one minute. Reconnect your TV and then try to access the Content Store.
5. The solution to app freezes
Apps you used before can freeze if you’re in the middle of using them. YouTube is a great example. YouTube can freeze after you view your third or fourth video. There are solutions.
- Update the app if you do not update your applications, freezes can occur. To continue using normal services, you should update them.
- You can check your firmware here: All Smart TV applications are installed on top of the firmware. They receive their updates separately. You will have problems if you have only updated the app and not the firmware.
- Reinstall the app and uninstall it. Sometimes, corrupt files or caches in an app can happen. All files associated with the app can be deleted by deleting the application. Reinstall the LG Smart TV app and try it again.
6. Fix Apps not available on LG content store
LG Content Store may not have an app you’re looking for. This could indicate that it is unavailable. To access the app, you should modify your location settings.
It may also not be possible because your Smart TV doesn’t support it. You should upgrade or update the firmware of your Smart TV.
By understanding the root cause of many LG smart TV app problems, you can fix them.
If all other solutions fail, you might consider a factory reset for your TV. Should that fail also, the best option would be to contact the LG support team.