Kodi, an innovative entertainment software, turns your device into one. It allows you to stream files from the internet or your local storage.
Kodi is used primarily by internet users to stream content online.
Kodi’s best feature is its ability to work on any device, including smartphones, tablets, PCs, Fire Sticks, Fire Sticks, Fire TVs, smart TVs, and game consoles.
You just need to install the app on your device along with some add-ons and you’re good to go.
See also: Spectrum TV is not working Here are some reasons and solutions
Kodi, as with all things technology, is susceptible to problems. You might encounter problems from Kodi apps not functioning to streaming issues to slow speeds to freezing or crashing video players, among others.
These problems can usually be fixed easily. We have provided solutions to the most common Kodi app issues in this guide.
Problems and solutions with Kodi apps
These are the top problems that Kodi faces and their solutions.
1. Kodi apps crash or freeze frequently
The most common problem with Kodi is the app freezing up or crashing while streaming content.
This happens when the Kodi version that you’re using is unstable or has a bug. There is an easy solution to this problem that will allow you to stream without any stress.
You can fix the freezing issue by uninstalling Kodi (there isn’t an auto-update option). Next, visit the Kodi Downloads Page to download the latest version for your device.
2. Kodi apps won’t load
Another common problem that Kodi users will encounter is the inability to load their apps. This problem usually occurs after users have updated the app or added-ons.
There are many ways to clear your cache. For most devices, this includes going to Settings>apps>downloaded apps selecting Kodi, and clicking on “clearing cache” or “clear data”.
Another option is to uninstall the Kodi app, then download and install a newer version.
3. Kodi apps won’t stream
Streaming problems are another common problem that Kodi users will encounter when trying to stream movies or videos online.
The most common streaming problems include slow streaming speeds, constant buffering, and “no stream availability” errors on add-ons. Sometimes streaming stops completely mid-stream.
Streaming problems can be caused by many things, including poor or no internet connection, unstable Kodi app, addon problems, bugs, etc.
There are many solutions:
- Verify that your internet connection works: verify that your home network is functioning (no interruptions) and that streaming is supported.
- Clearing cache A full cache can mean that there is not enough space to allow the video to load. This can lead to annoying buffering and constant delays. If the cache data contains bugs, it can cause streaming problems. Clearing cache data can help fix streaming problems.
- Delete unused add-ons Some add-ons may cause streaming problems by affecting the functionality of Kodi. You can clear the problem by deleting add-ons you don’t use.
- Removing Kodi from your computer and reinstalling it: An outdated or insecure Kodi app could be a reason you are having streaming problems. Most streaming problems can be fixed by uninstalling Kodi and installing the latest version.
4. Kodi apps won’t update
Another common problem that Kodi users report is the Kodi update issue. This happens when Kodi tries to update add-ons (many apps in your Kodi Hub) but fails.
Incompatibility with the current addon, corrupted repository (like “containers for add-ons”), and corrupted/unstable Kodi is the most common causes.
The first step to fix the problem is to identify which app caused the update error. This can be done by looking at the error log. You can then verify that it is active by searching Google for it.
You can edit the resource file to add the URL to the repository if the repository has changed. This will resolve the problem.
You might also discover that the repository is still active and that the URL has not changed. This means that the problem lies elsewhere.
This is how you can solve the problem:
- Manually update the add-on using the zip file downloaded from the repository
- Removing the repository and replacing it with an alternate one
- Deletion of the database file that is not updating – A corrupted resource could cause an add-on to not update
- You can either uninstall the update that is causing problems and reinstall it or install an alternative add-on (similar).
- You can delete the Kodi version you are currently using, and download and install the latest version.
5. Add-ons for Kodi not working
Kodi add-ons problems are another problem you may encounter when trying to stream entertainment content using Kodi. These are the most common problems:
- Kodi TV apps are not working
- Kodi Sports App not Working
- Kodi Movies app not working
- All Kodi addons not working
- Kodi add-ons not deleting
Fixing Kodi add-ons issues
Add-ons issues can make it difficult to watch videos on Kodi. There are many solutions to make your add-on(s), work again.
- Update your add-ons to the most recent version: if the automatic update does not work, this could mean that you have to manually update the add-on.
- Clearing addon cache: a corrupted addon cache could cause add-ons to stop working. Clearing the cache will allow you to use your add-ons again by removing corrupted data.
- Removing repositories. Inactive or corrupt repositories are another reason you may be having add-on problems. Fixing your apps can be as simple as removing problematic add-ons from repositories and replacing them with trusted ones.
- Removing add-ons. If an add-on isn’t working, you can delete it and install a brand new one. You can try another add-on if this doesn’t work. It will let you view the same content.
Kodi lets you access a variety of entertainment content from one hub. If your Kodi apps stop working, it can be frustrating when you just want to enjoy your favorite TV shows and movies.
You can fix any problem you encounter with these troubleshooting tips.
This guide will help you resolve any issues that you might encounter when using addons from this platform. These are only legal add-ons. We do not condone or encourage the use of illegal add-ons and applications.