In addition to being offered by well-known publishers, CleanMyMac X and CCleaner are both well-known for their advanced features as well as their Mac optimization capabilities. However, they differ from one another in that while CCleaner is compatible with multiple operating systems (Windows, Mac, and Android), CleanMyMac X is only compatible with macOS.
In addition, the trial version of CleanMyMac X can only clean up to 500 MB of junk, whereas the free version of CCleaner can clean up to an unlimited amount of junk. After reading this, you might conclude that CCleaner is preferable because its trial version can be used without any limitations. But believe us when we say that a Mac optimization tool is more than a free trial. The features, the way it optimizes your Mac, and the fact that it is notarized by Apple are what distinguish it as the best.
CleanMyMac X versus CCleaner for Mac
Learn more about both tools, including how CleanMyMac X is different from other cleaning programs, by reading our quick and comprehensive comparison of the two programs, which you can find below.
CleanMyMac X vs. CCleaner for Mac: Which Is Better?
The compatibility of CCleaner with Android, Windows, and Mac, as opposed to CleanMyMac’s X compatibility with only macOS, will cause you to prefer CCleaner over CleanMyMac. CleanMyMac’s notarization by Apple, on the other hand, increases its credibility. Apart from this, several other features distinguish CleanMyMac X from CCleaner’s free unlimited trial version that is compatible with a variety of operating systems.
Feature Wise Comparison CleanMyMac X vs CCleaner for Mac
- CleanMyMac X cleaner’s most important features
- CleanMyMac X CCleaner (CleanMyMac X CCleaner)
- Overwriting of unused space is not permitted.
- Login items are being removed.
- Yes, Malware Removal is an option.
- Custom folders cleanup is enabled or disabled.
- In this case, no. In this case, yes.
- Yes No Space visualization No Browser cleanup Yes No Browser cleanup
- Yes, there is an uninstaller, and yes, there are personalized cleanup tips.
- Yes No Large and old files should be cleaned up
- Yes No Application Reset Yes No Updater Yes No Updater No Application Reset
Yes, No \sNotarization The Apple Notarization process verifies that an app is free of malicious files and, as a result, is safe for users to utilize. Apple has notarized the document N/A. Reasons to choose It assists in recovering sufficient storage space by removing junk files and provides Mac speedup tools. Apart from that, it provides malware removal and cleaning tools. You can delete browser junk and view detailed folder information using the trial version, which is available for download here.
After reviewing the information in the preceding table, you should have realized that some of the features provided by both Mac optimization tools are similar. However, there is a distinction, and CleanMyMac is dedicated to cleaning up every nook and cranny of your Mac. This indicates that the tool is intended to completely optimise Mac. CCleaner has certainly made a name for itself, but it is only available for Windows and does not specialize in Mac cleaning. Consider the following detailed comparison to better understand what we’re talking about:
CleanMyMac X VS CCleaner for Mac
CleanMyMac X is available for purchase here.
System requirements: macOS 10.10 or higher, 145 MB of free disc space
Overall rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars
Price: $34.95 to begin with
The most recent version is 4.6.2.
The most recent update was made in April 2020.
CCleaner for Mac is available for purchase here.
System requirements include the following: Mojave is an operating system for Mac OS X 10.8 to 10.14.
Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Starting at $19.95, this is a great deal.
The most recent version is v1.17.603
Date of most recent update: August 2019.
Optimization Features: CleanMyMac X VS CCleaner
CleanMyMac X’s free version does not include privacy protection, but that does not preclude it from being able to optimize your Mac. In CCleaner’s trial version, you can scan your system for junk files and see how much space they take up and how much space you can recover after cleaning those junk files; however, the free version of CCleaner is limited in that it cannot scan every corner of your Mac for junk files. However, it comes with privacy protection, which assists in cleaning sensitive and confidential information that has been saved in cookie files.
CleanMyMac X provides a comprehensive set of optimization features, whereas CCleaner is more concerned with privacy protection. CleanMyMac X allows you to optimize RAM, clean junk files, perform customized scans, uninstall applications without removing any traces, shred files, manage browser privacy, and perform a plethora of other tasks on your computer.
Clean up leftovers from deleted files, manage startup, clean cache, log files, and speed up your Mac with CCleaner. Download it here.
Even though CleanMyMac has a large number of optimization features, its interface is complicated, and as a result, many useful features are overlooked most of the time. While CCleaner has a user-friendly interface, it is not recommended for beginners.
CleanMyMac X vs. CCleaner: Advantages and Disadvantages
- CleanMyMac X has several advantages over CCleaner.
- Cleanliness is a plus.
- CCleaner is one of the MyMac X cons.
- Optimization module under Speed to deal with startup items, and Smart Scan to clean and optimize the entire Mac are both available options.
- Although it works on Mac, it is not as efficient as the Windows version and provides fewer options for optimization.
- Allows for the management of installed and uninstalled applications through the use of the Uninstaller and Updater. There are fewer configuration options.
- Using Shredder, you can permanently delete files from your computer without leaving a trace.
- Junk file cleaner allows you to reclaim valuable storage space while also speeding up your computer.
Advantages of CCleaner over CleanMyMac X for Macintosh
- CleanMyMac X removes unused and unnecessary files from your computer, allowing your computer to run faster.
- The trial version has a limit of 500 MB in size.
- Available on a variety of platforms, including Android, Mac, and Windows.
- This site provides a free version for deleting browser junk and cache.
- It assists in cleaning the system and keeping track of browser activities.
- CleanMyMac X’s advantages include: assisting in the removal of malware
- Removes privacy by exposing traces of the user.
- There is only one button. Scanner with intelligence
- Removes system clutter in a jiffy
- It cleans up large files that have been left unused or hidden. occupy unneeded floor space
- Protects sensitive information by shredding it
- It is in charge of the startup items.
- Obtains gigabytes of additional disc space
Advantages of using CCleaner
- It is in charge of the startup items.
- Uninstalling unwanted programs is a simple process.
- Removes obsolete macOS update files from the system.
- FAQs: CleanMyMac X vs. CCleaner: Which Is Better?
- Is CCleaner for Mac a safe application to use?
Unfortunately, CCleaner for Windows was the victim of a cyberattack, which has caused some people to have reservations about CCleaner for Mac. But believe us when we say that this cutting-edge solution is trusted by millions of people and is designed to keep your system running smoothly and efficiently. It is one of the most effective cleaning tools available.
Is CleanMyMac X a safe application?
We can confidently state that this tool is safe to use because it has been notarized by Apple. Rest assured, after using the free version of CleanMyMac X, you will be able to verify it for yourself. Furthermore, it eliminates malware and aids in the recovery of gigabytes of disc space on Mac.
Is CleanMyMac X capable of removing duplicates?
No, it does not include a module for removing duplicate files; however, the Photo Junk module can be used to determine how much space the Photo app is taking up on your computer. Once they’ve been removed, you’ll be able to reclaim valuable disc space.
Which Mac cleaner is the most effective?
Both CleanMyMac X and CCleaner are excellent Mac cleaner tools, and they operate in the same manner as their developers claim they will. You can choose from a variety of tools depending on your requirements. However, if you ask us to recommend one, CleanMyMac X would be our recommendation.
Determining which tool is the most effective for maintaining your Mac’s performance is difficult because one acts as a maid for your computer (CleanMyMac X) and the other (CCleaner) acts as a speed booster.
Removes junk, unwanted files, and malware from your computer using CleanMyMac X. Although CCleaner is primarily concerned with privacy and junk file cleanup, it does not protect your Mac from malware threats. More importantly, Apple has not authorized CCleaner for use. Now it’s up to you to decide which tool you want to use. Please let us know which tool you decide to use and why you chose it.