Hulu hosts some of the most popular TV shows, including Game of Thrones and The Sopranos. These original products are available alongside programs licensed from Fox and ABC, among other media powerhouses.
Hulu may not be working right when you’re about to binge-watch your favorite shows.
The good news is that it’s easy to identify and fix the problem yourself.
How to fix Hulu’s not working
We will take a look at what causes Hulu to cease working and how we can fix them.
Hulu is not logging in, or is unable to begin
Is it possible to not log in to Hulu? It could be that your password is incorrect. You could be sharing the account with someone else, and they may have changed your password.
You can reset your password and regain access to your account by visiting this page.
If neither of the above is the case, the Hulu server could be down and you might have to contact support.
Hulu stuck at the loading screen
This error is common on both the Hulu website and the app. This error is caused by the inability of your device or app to communicate with Hulu servers.
This could be due to a weak network, problematic plugins or outdated software on your device, or Hulu servers.
These problems can be solved by:
- Internet connection Restart your router or device. Restart your router or device if it doesn’t work. If that fails, switch to a wired internet connection. To determine if your device is the problem, try streaming Hulu on another device.
- Hulu server down there is nothing you can do if Hulu is unable or delayed due to a server failure. Visit their website Twitter page for information about outages and server errors, visit the following link. You can also visitdowndetector.comFind out if others are having the same problem.
- Device: Hulu may not be up-to-date and you might experience problems with content. To update the app, go to the app store for the device you’re using. Hulu must be updated if you use a web browser. Adblockers and any other plugins that might be preventing playback should also be disabled.
Hulu Live keeps buffering
Hulu’s streaming buffering and pausing is a sign of issues with the application, outdated systems, slow internet speeds, or plugins.
- Disable extensions and plugins: If you stream on a web browser using plugins like an ad-blocker, be sure to disable them first. You can also disable other plugins and then refresh the connection every time.
- Application configuration errors: It is possible that some files essential for streaming have not loaded correctly. Before you close the app, make sure that it isn’t running in the background. Restart the app if this fails.
- Internet connection problems hull could buffer constantly due to a slow or fluctuating internet connection. It happens when Hulu attempts to play at higher resolutions but cannot load the video. For a 3Mbps connection, switch to SD at 1.5 Mbps or HD at720p. Visit www.Fast.comBefore you decide on the best streaming quality, make sure to test your internet speed.
- Outdated appTo stop buffering, update your Hulu app and the firmware on the device.
Hulu does not show episodes
This bug is only found on certain shows and for some users. This causes Hulu not to show how many episodes are available for a particular show. It is difficult to choose an episode to watch.
The problem can be solved easily by simply updating your browser or app. Sometimes, you can close the app and restart it.
Video is not available at this location
Hulu will not load a video if it displays a message saying “Video not available in this area”. This is a problem that has to do with content licensing.
You might get a “page unfound” error if you use a browser. Hulu aggregates show from various production studios, and some may place a country or regional ban on Hulu.
Hulu wants its subscribers to be able to access their shows anywhere they want, but these restrictions make that impossible. This error cannot be avoided legally.
Although some publications may suggest you use a VPN to stream content on Hulu, you should be aware that this could violate copyright laws.
Hulu app crashes or not working properly
Hulu for Android and iOS may stop working due to cache buildup, incompetent hardware, or poor internet connection speeds.
Hulu may experience a service interruption in some cases. You can’t do anything if it is the latter.
If the app doesn’t work or crashes frequently but there’s no service outage, you can try the following solutions:
- Clear your Android cache to clear the Hulu app cache from Android by going to settings > Applications > Manage Apps > Hulu > Clear Cache.
- Clear cache from iPhone or iPadiOS users can clear Hulu caches by navigating to settings > General > iPhone Storage > Hulu > Delete app you can do this by going to the App Store. Reinstall the app from the App Store.
- Setting up an internet connection reconnect your internet connection and then disconnect it. If that doesn’t resolve the problem, switch to a faster internet connection.
- Hardware issue low memory on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device could cause it to lag when streaming. This error can also occur when streaming HD to a Smart TV that has low memory. Sometimes, the app may crash completely. Upgrade your device to fix this issue.
Hulu Plus shows not available
If shows are missing from Hulu, and you get errors such as “unavailable try to again later”, this could be due to one of the following:
- Problem with your device? This error may occur if you’re using an older version. It could also be caused by a cache issue. Clear cache from your device, or uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Issue: Hulu videos that are not playing or Live TV not functioning may be caused by regional restrictions or blackouts.
- Expiration: The Hulu Plus service may have expired if the shows were not available previously. For more information, check your email or contact Hulu.
These troubleshooting tips should have helped you to resolve the issue. These other guides can help you with specific streaming problems if your device is still having issues.