Twitch broadcasters with experience make money through a variety of methods. Some of these payments include Bits, influencer marketing, and paid subscriptions.
Twitch influencer channels often have sponsorships, ads, and affiliate sales. These aren’t all ways to make money with Twitch. You can also set up donations through Streamlabs.
To set up donations on Twitch through third-party services like Streamlabs or PayPal. Twitch doesn’t support donations directly.
To receive donations via PayPal, you will need to add a PayPal donate button to Twitch.
Learn more: How to set up donations via Twitch without or with PayPal
Before you can set up donations, you’ll need a PayPal account. You can open a PayPal account here if you don’t have one yet.
After you have opened an account successfully, you can follow the guide below to learn how you can set up donations on Twitch with Streamlabs.
Streamlabs is a tool that allows you to set up donations on Twitch
Streamlabs lets you track all donations to your Twitch channel. It has easy-to-use tools that automate the process of setting up donations.
First, create a PayPal account to set up donations. Then connect your PayPal account to Streamlabs. Here’s how to set up donations on Twitch.
1. 1. Connecting your PayPal account to Streamlabs
- Navigate to your Streamlabs Dashboard, and click on Donation Settings in the left panel.
- Select PayPal to choose your donation preferences
- By entering a valid email address, you can connect to PayPal.
- Click on Submit.
- Streamlabs will add the PayPal email address to your profile.
Next, you will need to connect PayPal on Twitch. You will find a URL to your tip page on the Streamlabs dashboard. You will need to copy the URL and insert it in your Twitch account.
The URL can be used on all your social media pages, emails, and websites. Follow these steps to add the link to Twitch donations.
2. Adding Streamlabs link for Twitch donations
- Click on Edit Panels in your Twitch channel. The tool will appear to the left of your screen, below your video feed.
- The Plus (+) icon will appear. You can click on it on your Twitch channel.
- Click on the right-hand side of your screen to add a text or image panel.
You can use either a link or an illustration when setting up a Twitch donation button. This image is a Twitch donation button.
3. Use donation buttons
A 320-pixel wide image is the best way to use a button for your Streamlabs donation hyperlink. Twitch will use your image for donations.
You can use a smaller or larger image. Twitch will scale it according to your needs.
- Click on Add a Text or Image Panel to open the Add Image link.
- Copy the URL link from Streamlabs and paste it under the “Image links To” field.
- To make donations, click Submit
- You can turn off the Edit Panels to continue streaming.
You can also copy the URL from the Descriptions field to create an image and then click Submit.
Consider using a button when setting up PayPal for Twitch. It looks more professional.
Third-party services such as PayPal and Streamlabs can be used to set up donations on Twitch. Donations can be very useful, especially if there are multiple ads that you want to show between streams.
It is important to remember that just clicking a donate button won’t make your account more money. You’ll just have to put in some work to get viewers who love your streams and can easily donate to you