How To Save A Route On Google Maps? – If you regularly use an equivalent route, it’s very convenient to save lots of it on Google Maps. But the steps to follow aren’t that obvious. That’s why we created this guide.
Methods to Save Routes in Google Maps
- Start the Google Maps App
- Next, enter the destination and then choose Directions
- Choose how you want to travel (by car or by foot, public transport, etc.
- Tap the app menu to choose Add a route from the Home screen
- You can place the widget on your home screen by using the app.
=Tip: You can create a folder using the routes that you have saved.
Google Maps My Maps is a handy feature that allows you to create multiple destinations routes. You can then also use the Google Maps Android app to save routes.
- Google My Maps can be launched in your browser
- Choose to Create a new map and give it a name
- Click Add Directions, and then enter your destination
- To add multiple destinations, you can choose the Add Destination option
- After you have created your route, open Google Maps and navigate to Your Places
- To use the route for navigation, select Map and tap it.
This is how you can save and create custom routes on Google Maps.
Distances between two places can be measured
Google Maps also offers the option to measure distances or areas. This feature can be used to plan your fuel consumption if you are driving a car.
Click the area you wish to measure, then move the mouse cursor towards the destination. Blue will be used to highlight space.
Personalize your route
You can further customize the route by using the Route options.
Android users can tap Directions, More, and then Route options. For example, you might prefer to avoid highways and tolls.
Select Directions and then Options if you are setting up your route on a PC.
To avoid these areas, check the boxes for highways and tolls.
This is how you will often personalize your route.