Is there a problem with your Hisense Smart TV that can be fixed by resetting it? You can also decide to either sell or give it away. It is a good idea to reset it to the factory settings.
Although Hisense Smart TVs may look similar to other Smart TVs, the reset process is slightly different. To factory reset Hisense Smart TV –both old and new models — follow these steps.
For old Hisense Smart TVs, reset procedure
You should reset an older model Hisense TV if it becomes greyed while being viewed.
To reset your Smart TV:
- Hold the remote’s ‘EXIT” key for at least 15 seconds.
- The Hisense TV factory service menu should appear in 15 seconds
- Turn off the TV by clicking ‘OK’
It is best to wait 20 seconds after resetting your Smart TV before you turn it on. This method is only applicable to older models, 2013 and later.
How to reset Hisense Smart Televisions (from 2014 up to the most recent models)
You will need an original remote controller to reset Hisense TVs (new models). Resetting your TV (new models) is different from other functions. Generic remote controls may work well, but they are not compatible with all functions.
Is there a reset button on Hisense TV? No. This is how to reset Hisense TV with a remote:
- On your Hisense Smart TV remote, press MENU
- Select Support’, then click ‘Enter. Depending on the remote model, the key ‘Enter key’ may be referred to as either a ‘OK’ or ‘Select.
- Click on “Self Diagnosis” to confirm your selection by pressing Enter.
- Choose the last option, which will be ‘Reset.
- To confirm your request, enter your security pin
- Reset your Hisense Smart TV back to factory settings
If you have not customized your PIN before, the default PIN on all Hisense Smart TVs will be0000. Contact a Hisense Smart TV representative if you have changed your account information and cannot remember the new pin.
How to reset your Hisense Smart TV with no remote
It is impossible to reset your Smart TV if it does not display any pictures. You can perform a soft reset by turning off the power cycle. You can reset Hisense TV without a picture
- Disconnect any USB or external hard disk.
- Your Hisense Smart TV should be turned off
- Unplug the power cord
- Two (2) minutes wait before you plug the TV back into power.
- Get Smart TV ON
Soft resetting fixes system bugs but is not recommended if you are looking to sell or give away your Smart TV.
This option is also available for older and new Hisense Smart TV models.
It is important to pay attention when setting up your Hisense Smart TV. It is important to wait for at least two minutes after completing a power cycle before you plug the TV back into power.
It is recommended to use the original Hisense remote regardless of whether your Smart TV has an older model.