Do you get tired of having to use multiple remotes to control your devices? A remote can be programmed to control multiple devices.
The Spectrum remotes are a great brand for programming other devices.
You can use the Spectrum remote to program both your TV and cable boxes, eliminating the need for multiple remotes.
It is simple and takes only a few minutes. Here’s how to program Spectrum remotes.
How to program the Spectrum remote to your cable box
Here is a step by step guide to Spectrum remote programming on cable box:
- Turn on the cable box
- While facing the cable box, hold the Spectrum remote control in a comfortable distance.
- Press simultaneously the “CBL”, “OK/SELL”, and “CBL” buttons on your remote. Keep them in place for a few seconds, until the LED light turns on.
- Your remote can now be programmed by turning on the light. At this point, enter the correct codes for your cable box brand and model. You might have to enter multiple codes for different brands. Wait a few seconds between each code.
- If you do not have the codes, continue pressing the CH – and CH + buttons. This will automatically search for the correct code for your cable box model and enter it. This option requires that you press the button for a few seconds until the correct code is found.
- After entering the correct code, your cable box will automatically turn off. Once the code is entered, the remote will turn off automatically. To test it, press the “POWER” button. The process is completed if it turns on.
- To save the code and complete the process, press the “CBL” button once more.
How to program the Spectrum remote to the TV
You can sync your Spectrum remote with your TV, in addition to your cable box.
Here are the instructions to use Spectrum remote control for this purpose:
- Turn on the TV, then turn the remote in the opposite direction.
- Press simultaneously the “TV” button and the “Yellow/Blue A/Blue B” buttons, depending on the brand of your TV. Keep them in place for a few seconds, until the TV button blinks.
- Press the 1-digit code of your TV brand while the light is on (which can be found in the Spectrum remote control setup manual). If your TV is Samsung, Mitsubishi, or other brands, the code will be 1. Continue pressing the button until your TV turns off. Alternatively, you can also use the auto-search option instead of entering the code. To turn the TV off, press either the CH– or CH+ button.
- To turn on the TV and check if it is working, press the “POWER” button
- To save the code, press the “TV” button once more. The button will blink two times.
Looking for programming tips for Spectrum remote to TV? This is a comprehensive guide to programming Spectrum remote to TV or cable box.
You can make your Spectrum remote a universal remote control that works with all of your devices by following the steps. You can now use one remote control for all your devices. All your devices can be controlled from one place.